The Bike Shop

Alright, so who has been out on their bike? (Read 23 times)

rode lots of miles, but wimping out and riding indoors.  Too much rain.  If not rain, too much pollen in the air.  If not that, too lazy to ride outside.

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Village people

rode lots of miles, but wimping out and riding indoors.  Too much rain.  If not rain, too much pollen in the air.  If not that, too lazy to ride outside.

Cheers,

Sounds like me. Add pot holes and gravel to the list of excuses.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hit the trainer last night.  The previous 2 nights I rode in low-50s...damp, breezy, nose constantly snotting.  Tired of that crap.  Rode indoors and watched The X-Files and was happy.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

Glad to see others getting out there especially with the crappy winter you guys had...  Surgery kept me benched for December and January.   I've been on the trainer much of February, March, and April.   I've only been out twice so far on the road.   60 miles total.

Happy riding!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Village people

I am not sure what I was doing all those months on the trainer but it wasn't riding. Went outside for the first time yesterday. It was hot (not really) and the hills kicked my ass.

Hip Redux

I rode today!  Hooray!!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I rode today!  Hooray!!

Yay!  I saw your post on FB.  I'm so happy your hip behaved!  Smile

I had a good week on the bike -- 121 miles.  And I'm finally getting a real bike fitting on Saturday.  My saddle and I are having issues.  It's time to break up.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Yay!  I saw your post on FB.  I'm so happy your hip behaved!  Smile

I had a good week on the bike -- 121 miles.  And I'm finally getting a real bike fitting on Saturday.  My saddle and I are having issues.  It's time to break up.

I might have been a WEE bit excited lol

121 miles is fantastic!

Went for my first real outdoor ride on Memorial Day.  Did a supported ride of 57 miles.  Really enjoyed it and was happy to get out there.  The road route was rough and I didnt like the gravel roads and troubled areas but I survived without mechanical issues.

I changed my cassette in preparation for an upcoming race and the 11-23 with my 52-36 made for fast travel on the flats.  The 1 large hill was painful.  Didn't have enough gears to work with.

My upcoming race is flatter with only 1 major hill in the first 5 miles.  Major hill = 125 foot climb over 1 mile.  All is good.

Fwiw, race is in Benton Harbor, MI.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life