Boston Marathon 2009

Where are you staying? (Read 760 times)

Me and my RP

Just now booking my hotel and man, I have NO Idea where to stay. Any suggestions?
      Lodging in Boston is pretty expensive in general, and even moreso if peak demand is anticipated. Anything near Copley Square will be convenient to the finish, so they'll be charging for convenience. Pretty much anything in town is accessible via the subway if you find a particularly good deal and don't mind public transportation. Orangeman was looking for budget accommodations, and I found a flophouse rate for a decent all-suite hotel outside of Boston. Pretty much three nights in a bedroom community for the price of one night downtown, but you would need to use taxis or a rental car to get to the T. http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/d038056d1d444339ab4ef0db6a96c555

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

uh, hello? we're on, right? Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

missy1102

i'm staying at the hyatt boston on layafette ave. its pretty close to the finish line and expo so i got lucky.

A Saucy Wench

I'm at the marriott cambridge.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Who needs toenails?

I'm booked at the Harborside Inn. Supposedly it's about 1.5 miles from the finish, give or take. I felt like I got a deal at $200 per night, though the rooms kinda look like an IKEA closet.
              seeEricaRun

Awesome

As an alternative, Cambridge has some really great B&Bs that I "got" to stay in when our house (or a third of it anyway) burned down last year. The Mary Prentiss Inn in Porter Square was especially great to us, had good breakfasts and is convenient to the T. We also enjoyed staying in the Harding House near Central Square, though they only have a continental breakfast, and it's a bit of a hike from the T.
                  Staying at the Westin Copley. made reservations back in Oct. Five of the hotels on the lodging form were already sold out then. I thought it was pretty pricey but hey I'm only going to be running Boston once........ well probably just once
                    I'm staying at the Seaport Hotel. I can get a discount since it's owned by Fidelity and I work for them. I have to show my badge to get it though. it's not close to the finish, but I'm ok with that.
                      Cfkid: Prior to my kids I was in the investment industry. I got to do one of the "due diligence" with Fidelity. It was awesome! It is amazing how much of that city Fidelity does own!
                      Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
                        Cfkid: Prior to my kids I was in the investment industry. I got to do one of the "due diligence" with Fidelity. It was awesome! It is amazing how much of that city Fidelity does own!
                        Yep, we own just a little bit of Boston. It's weird staying at the Seaport, it feels like I'm at my office. Only difference is that they pay me when I'm in the office.
                        evanflein

I'm at the Holiday Inn Brookline. Stayed there last year, and booked it for this year right after I got home. I did, however, get a better deal than what the marathon site offers, using my government employee ID. It's very convenient being right on the train line (green line, I believe), and you run past it at about mile 24...
                          KMB

Staying at the Westin Copley. made reservations back in Oct. Five of the hotels on the lodging form were already sold out then. I thought it was pretty pricey but hey I'm only going to be running Boston once........ well probably just once
                            I along with several others stayed there last year and it is awesome... location-location-location. easy walk to the expo... easy walk from the finish. WARNING: the elevators up after the race are a zoo... runners get head of the line privileges, but if you have family/friends they should be prepared to wait (an hour?) following the race. Theres a restaurant called the Pour House nearby that has out-of-this-world bloody mary's as i barely recall...
                            seeEricaRun

Awesome

Theres a restaurant called the Pour House nearby that has out-of-this-world bloody mary's as i barely recall...
                              Oh man, I haven't been to the Pour House since college. They had cheap (and tasty) pitchers and burgers. And, on topic, I'm staying in my house, which, unfortunately does not have a hot tub or concierge service, but which does have a free mini (well... maybe a bit bigger than mini) bar.

cat/dog furniture

Had originally booked the Super 8 in Watertown months ago, but after reading the online reviews (in which the word "bedbug" appeared multiple times), our whole group switched to the Hilton in Dedham which turned out to be cheaper. Locals: would we be smart to buy the 12-ride commuter rail pass? We used only the bus and subway services when we stayed in Watertown before, and we didn't have much need to ride the commuter rails. There's supposedly a commuter rail station within walking distance of the hotel.