Boston Marathon 2009

Where are you staying? (Read 760 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Had originally booked the Super 8 in Watertown months ago, but after reading the online reviews (in which the word "bedbug" appeared multiple times), our whole group switched to the Hilton in Dedham which turned out to be cheaper. Locals: would we be smart to buy the 12-ride commuter rail pass? We used only the bus and subway services when we stayed in Watertown before, and we didn't have much need to ride the commuter rails. There's supposedly a commuter rail station within walking distance of the hotel.
    How many days are you staying? It seems like the 12-ride pass might be a little excessive unless you can share it? Also, I believe MBTA transportation is free on Monday, as long as you have a bib.

cat/dog furniture

How many days are you staying?
      Flying in Friday morning, leaving Tuesday night. The only time I ever ride mass transit is when I go to a big city to run a race, so I wish I could use my bus/subway experience from last year, but I guess this time I'll learn about commuter rails. Smile Sure, 50 cents will get you anywhere on a bus in Columbia, but practically anywhere you want to go is just an hour or two at running speed.
      seeEricaRun

Awesome

Flying in Friday morning, leaving Tuesday night.
        I'd be surprised if you went back and forth more than once a day, which is about 8 trips. Like I said, if you can share the 12-ride pass (and I think you can, since they just punch it when you get on), then it's definitely worth it. If you can't, then you're probably just better off buying separate passes.

cat/dog furniture

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure I arrive in MA with a wallet full of $1 bills.