Boston Marathon 2009

Boston Weather (Read 483 times)

I hope that winter dumps itself empty before April 20. Shocked if it snows, what advice can our resident snow-runners give So. CA folks?

Jennifer mm#1231

It's going to be a beautiful, cool, sunny but not too sunny day. But for other days when you visit and it snows, you just shorten your stride a bit to keep your center of gravity over your shoes. Nothing to it. Smile

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The likelyhood that it will snow on April 20th is slim. I think there is a better chance of it being warm than a snowstorm....
        btb1490

I hope that winter dumps itself empty before April 20. Shocked if it snows, what advice can our resident snow-runners give So. CA folks?
          Bite your tongue! But if it does snow, here's what you can expect...
            It was very kind of you to cut the Sherpa guide out of the pic Bob, we don't want to frighten our friends from warmer climes. Wink

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

A Saucy Wench

I think you have just beaten my marathon weather obsessive compulsiveness!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

missy1102

LAB, where in southern cal are you? my parents live in malibu so thats where i hail from originally but i was transplanted to chicago so i'm a thin skinned surfer girl who now runs in sub zero degrees. its still no fun Sad
                seeEricaRun

Awesome

I imagine they'll keep the roads clear enough that you won't need to alter your shoes, but definitely consider sunglasses or even goggles. It can be hard to see through the snow blowing in your face.
                    Bite your tongue! But if it does snow, here's what you can expect...
                    ROTFLOL! that's hysterical. Definitely ups the HTFU factor.

Jennifer mm#1231

I imagine they'll keep the roads clear enough that you won't need to alter your shoes, but definitely consider sunglasses or even goggles. It can be hard to see through the snow blowing in your face.
                      AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! <jennifer> blowing snow in my face? goggles!? you're freakin me out!</jennifer>

Jennifer mm#1231

LAB, where in southern cal are you? my parents live in malibu so thats where i hail from originally but i was transplanted to chicago so i'm a thin skinned surfer girl who now runs in sub zero degrees. its still no fun Sad
                        I'm in San Diego. This morning it was 60 at 5:15 when I ran. It's sunny and 70 at the beach right now. woefully unprepared for frozen precipitation.

Jennifer mm#1231