Boston Marathon 2009

7 days and counting down... (Read 444 times)

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking - "lets just get it going already!" I will be totally useless at anything I do this week because my mind will be completely focused on next Monday. I might as well not even bother going to work. Wink
    2010 Goals
    Succesful pacing jobs at Shamrock (3:20)...
    VTU 100 Ultramarathon - finish
    at least 250 miles/mo., 3000+ miles for the year
      I hear ya... the Freak Out has begun!!!
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar
      btb1490

I agree Danny, this will be a tough week to get anything done that requires concentration. Unfortunately for me, it's shaping up to be a busy week at work. I hope they aren't expecting much... Wink See you at the Pour House on Friday? I plan on being there around 12:00 for a bite to eat before heading over for our volunteer assignments. Anyone else? If so, let's swap phone #'s. So is everyone ready to do this? It is always such an awesome weekend!
          Eeek.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

missy1102

aughughguhgh.
              Can't wait! Had some beautiful easy trail runs on the weekend. Hope the Easter Bunny was good to everyone!
              Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
              seeEricaRun

Awesome

See you at the Pour House on Friday? I plan on being there around 12:00 for a bite to eat before heading over for our volunteer assignments. Anyone else? If so, let's swap phone #'s.
                My husband and I will be there. Early last week, I had some wonderful runs, and I was going to post this whole thing about how amazing it is that marathon training always seems to work. Until last Thursday, when I had one of my worst runs yet, followed by a miserable 12-miler on Sunday that just felt like I had no shocks, no energy. Ugh. Now I"m crazy nervous about Monday. Can't believe it's coming up so soon.
                lostinthenet3

MM#1869

My wife and I will be there. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

btb1490

My wife and I will be there. My cell number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Doug.
                    Doug, I took down your cell #, thanks. You may want to edit your post to get rid of it, for privacy reasons. See you soon!
                    lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Cell removed.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."