Boston Marathon 2009

Good luck everyone! (Read 410 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Enjoy the race! Someone bet me $100 that I wouldn't wear a beanie (with a propeller) in the race tomorrow, so I'll be pretty identifiable.
      Enjoy the race! Someone bet me $100 that I wouldn't wear a beanie (with a propeller) in the race tomorrow, so I'll be pretty identifiable.
      If you slow down, I'll look for you. If not, I'll ask for you at the finish. Good Luck Everyone!
        Enjoy the race!
        +1
        Someone bet me $100 that I wouldn't wear a beanie (with a propeller) in the race tomorrow, so I'll be pretty identifiable.
        Sounds like an unfair competitive advantage. Clowning around

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I was fortunate enough to bump into Erica at the Athletes Village, but she had not yet donned her bet-winning beanie. That would have been worth pulling my camera back out of my bag. Smile

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I was fortunate enough to bump into Erica at the Athletes Village, but she had not yet donned her bet-winning beanie. That would have been worth pulling my camera back out of my bag. Smile
            You also ran past me at mile 7. I was going to yell something, but I was already out of gas. What a tough race! You and your BIL looked good though, and so does your finish time. Congrats!
            seeEricaRun

Awesome

Sounds like an unfair competitive advantage. Clowning around
              I think I put it on backwards - I felt like I was more being pushed into the ground than pulled off it!
                You also ran past me at mile 7. I was going to yell something, but I was already out of gas. What a tough race! You and your BIL looked good though, and so does your finish time. Congrats!
                If things aren't going well at seven and you finished, you should be incredibly proud of your effort. That is a serious HTFU run. You will just have to yell at me next year. Mile seven was right about where I started feeling good, I have some issue with my right shin that is often improved by warming up. When it wasn't feeling much better after three miles, I was concerned. By six or seven it had stopped complaining, and left me alone for the rest of the run. Can't wait to see the beanie pics. Smile

E.J.