Boston Marathon 2009

Marathon day weather (Read 675 times)

btb1490

Let the fun begin! Clowning around Accuweather.com Sunday Night, Apr 19 Low: 45 °F RealFeel®: 33 °F Warmer with rain Monday, Apr 20 High: 62 °F RealFeel®: 59 °F Warmer with periods of rain
      I noticed that earlier today and wasn't going to say anything until I saw your post. I'm glad it's still two weeks out...let's hope that changes...cloudy and dry would be great, oh and cooler is ok with me.
        Cooler would be OK with me too, but if it's going to be warm a nice misty rain wouldn't be bad. Let the forecast tweaking officially begin!

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Way too soon to look at expected forcast. It will change 5 times between now and race day. Let cooler heads prevail and don't get to into these long range forecasts. Tongue
          2010 Goals
          Succesful pacing jobs at Shamrock (3:20)...
          VTU 100 Ultramarathon - finish
          at least 250 miles/mo., 3000+ miles for the year
            Way too soon to look at expected forcast. It will change 5 times between now and race day. Let cooler heads prevail and don't get to into these long range forecasts. Tongue
            I couldn't agree more...but heck this is fun! Big grin
            btb1490

I couldn't agree more...but heck this is fun! Big grin
              +1 It gives us something to channel our extra taper energy into!
              missy1102

+1 It gives us something to channel our extra taper energy into!
                agreed. 62?!?? holy crap. thats way too warm! Shocked
                  It gives us something to channel our extra taper energy into!
                  I don't have taper energy right now. I have taper depression already. and I have only been tapering for 1 day so far. Did my morning run this morning (I know that sounds redundant) then as I was finishing I realized that I don't get to run again until tomorrow. I have gotten so used to my 2 a days that I don't know what I will do with myself this afternoon. Very sad.
                  2010 Goals
                    http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=kbos 62 isn't way too warm. It's not the best but not too warm. .81 is too warm Big grin There is no way this forecast will hold, don't believe anything you read until NEXT Wednesday...
                    missy1102

62 isn't way too warm. It's not the best but not too warm. .81 is too warm Big grin
                      i guess its all a matter of perspective. its 28F here and hasn't been 62 since.. oh, august so yes, 62 is way too warm for me. now, 81?!?? i would wither and melt away!
                      seeEricaRun

Awesome

I would be psyched if this were the actual weather. It's not the MOST perfect marathon weather, but it beats the pants off the last two years. The way training has been going, I feel well-prepared for conditions from blizzard to hurricane. I have no idea what I will do if its warm and dry, without 20 mph gusts to blow me off the road. Pass out, probably.
                          What was there not to like about last years weather? mid 40s at the start and into the mid 50s with sunshine, and light wind. I did end up with a bit of a sunburn on my entire right side, but other than that it was great marathon weather. Big grin
                          2010 Goals
                          evanflein

I agree! It was perfect. And I got that same sunburn. I have a note in my file from last year: SUNSCREEN!! It's something I usually don't worry about much...
                            seeEricaRun

Awesome

What was there not to like about last years weather? mid 40s at the start and into the mid 50s with sunshine, and light wind. I did end up with a bit of a sunburn on my entire right side, but other than that it was great marathon weather. Big grin
                              Huh, one of my friends who ran last year seemed to think it was 70. Of course, he got heat stroke and ended up in the hospital, so he might have been a bit biased.
                                I think I see the pattern for weather there... sunny, sunny, partly cloudy, rain, rain rain, partly cloudy, sunny, sunny, partly cloudy, rain, rain rain, partly cloudy, sunny, sunny, partly cloudy, rain, rain rain, partly cloudy, sunny, sunny, partly cloudy, rain, rain rain, partly cloudy, sunny, sunny. I vote for partly cloudy. I just bought the short sleeved outfit so 60 would be perfect.

Jennifer mm#1231