Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly update thread: Aug. 10 - Aug.16th. (Read 523 times)

More turtle than hare...

Still running here in the no man's land between C25K and OHR. For a few weeks, I was happily doing 5k 3x a week, but last week was really crummy, so I decided to take this week a bit easier. This morning, I just went 4k and was home and up on the lawn before I realised I was done. I totally forgot to stop at my usual cool-off point and I didn't even notice the last annoying incline that I usually cringe at. There's something to be said for a good, distracting podcast!
    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Unlapsing, I'm in the same transition spot between the two training programs. I find it really helpful to vary the length of my run every time I go out. Some days I go shorter; others I go longer. I never run the same length of time or same distance two runs in a row. Varying the route helps too. Don't make it too predictable for your body to know where your stop point is. Smile Mimi, how exciting you conquered that W5D3 run! You'll really notice the confidence boost next run, I bet! Kudos! Jenner, you are smart to listen to your body and ease up when you need to. Glad you are feeling better! Gruetzgirl, way to go! Congrats! I'm sure I missed someone. So many great things going on here. We really are all runners and we are getting it done! Cool

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

The young Mama Bear!

I AM DONE!!!!!! Big grin Cool Big grin Cool That was seriously the BEST run of the whole program. No wanting to stop, no pain (okay, I had a stitch at the end but I massaged it on the run and got through it). I wish I could run like that all the time. I even made time on this one: 12 minute mile pace for the whole 30 minutes. For a big girl, I'd like to think that's respectable. I did a dorky arm raise afterwards, but I didn't give a damn. I can't believe I'm the same woman that was worried about W4, W5D3 and the long runs. If I can do it, so can you. I promise. Smile Everyone that is cheering you on is absolutely correct. You'll even turn into one of those cheerleaders, hehe. Thanks everyone for being so wonderful to me during this program. I can't wait until everyone is right here where I am, as well. Yes Yap, I can make a special plaque for the three of you crazies that will be finishing in less than a week. Jenner, I'll keep you there until you surpass it. You've done it once, I think it's unfair to push you back. Just take your time...you're doing fab. Wink Mimi, WAY TO GO! Wasn't that bad, am I right? Chup, you too! Woo! Moonstar, thank you...you'll be back in form in no time. Seems like you had fun! Unlapsing, I'm right there with you now. I think I'm going to do some sort of variation of OHR, just with distance instead. I find those podcasts a bit grating, but music is a great distraction.
        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
          Congratulantions Goddess! And this is so motivating for us who are still doing the first weeks!

Running in Belgium
          Ann

Wingz

Professional Noob

I AM DONE!!!!!! Big grin Cool Big grin Cool
            Awesome! Congratulations! Knew you could do it! Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

The young Mama Bear!

Thank you! Wingz, you were right all along. I will never doubt your cat-owning, martial artist-being wisdom ever again. Tongue
              Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
              Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                Yay Goddess! How exciting!! Congratulations on finishing!!! You are right, the 20 minutes really isn't that bad. I can't wait to join you as a finisher. Smile
                theyapper

On the road again...

Hey goddess!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I did a dorky arm raise afterwards, but I didn't give a damn.
                    That's so funny! I did one, too! Congratulations, Goddess Big grin

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

redleaf

COngrats on finishing goddess!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I AM DONE!!!!!! Big grin Cool Big grin Cool That was seriously the BEST run of the whole program.
                        Congrats and best wishes for many more great runs!

The young Mama Bear!

You guys are tops! Cristina, does this look like what you did? Okay, I need to stop with the smilies but they're so cute!
                            Grats Goddess!! Great job!
                              W5D1 Today. My sister cried the whole way. We told her to go home and she wouldn't. We told her to stop running and she wouldn't. Roll eyes She just cried and complained the whole time. But it wasn't that bad.
                              Goals: Run.
                              zzz

wooohoo goddess.... good for you!!!! I just finished W6D1.... lauri and I are still doing the 3.2 mile loop and kicked off two minutes from our last run time... and we did a morning run which is pretty much unheard of for us. Smile We are going to stick with the 3.2 loop until the 5K next month so we have an idea of what our time is going to be.... again great job goddess!! woot!!