rossruns 15.7 mi 2:41:11
    alholley 4.4 mi 40:07
    theyapper66 4 mi 42:16
    runslikeafraggle 1 mi

11:13

Last week's race results:

• none

This weeks' planned racing:

• rossruns -- 21JAN2012 -- CRC Trail Race (9mi)(Whitewater Center, Charlotte NC) -- Goals = (a) 83:00; (b) 85:30; (c) sub-88.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Toeing the line Sunday morning for the 1/2 marathon Long Run. I'm in the bright yellow shell vest. Han is next to me in the blue warmup, black tights and hat (at this point he is thinking "I think I can make this run w/out using the bathroom, no problem"). Lynwood is in the back peering directly at the camera w/the hat on (having just arrived 1.51 seconds prior). You can also see the confusion that Clive/Cliff caused by bailing out of this run -- the person off to my right is looking to the left for signs of Cliff, the two people in the back row to the left of Lynwood are looking off to the right for signs of Clive.

Han, I didn't realize that you made a beeline for the porty-potty at the entrance to the greenway on 51. You took off like a bat out of hell right at the half-way point and over the 3/4 quarter mile back to the greenway you ran out of sight. Your lucky you did that because the guy pictured in the white hat in the back, who was about 20-25 yards in front of us at the half-way point, he veered off to that same porty-potty (and I guess he was the unlucky person having to wait)!

Rob

nanxin

Your lucky you did that because the guy pictured in the white hat in the back, who was about 20-25 yards in front of us at the half-way point, he veered off to that same porty-potty (and I guess he was the unlucky person having to wait)!

Yes, he is one of the two guys I passed in the 3/4 quarter mile. BTW, Rob, where did you get the picture?

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

Han, you can copy the picture above (right click) or pull it fr the link below (these were posted on the Meetup site for Sunday's long run):

http://www.meetup.com/CharlotteRunners/photos/5426052/#86310042

Rob

rossruns

Looks like you guys had a good (if cold) time!

I'm running the CRC Trail Race (9 mile version) at the Whitewater Center this Saturday (1/21). A = 83:00, B = 85:30, C = Under 88 minutes

I will occasionally get in a short trail run near work at lunch but never anything this long, so my goals are all pretty conservative.  Until I see how bad the hills really are, I'm going out about 9:20-9:30 pace and will pick it up from there if I can.

You people better be at that CRC meetup tonight.  If I fight traffic for nothing ... Angry

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Cliff/Clive,

were you here (there tonite)? I got there 5 min after the majority of the group ran off. I walked over, and there were three people waiting for Lynwood to show up (so I ran off...and ran thru two groups of runners, one group at 2 miles and the other 3 miles in). I did not see anyone else after that.

Lynwood,

did you make it tonite?

Rob

Yup -- I must have been in the main group that didn't wait for him.  Seems like everyone in that cluster did 4mi except Eric (did I get that right?), who took off ahead of us all and ran 6.

Traffic wasn't bad, and I can see myself making this drive more than once a year. Smile

-- Dick LeBeau

Clive/Cliff,

you ran 4? I started at 6:38 (usually the group does not depart until 6:35ish). I got to the corner of Kenilworth and East (the big intersection after you climb that hill on Kenilworth on the first loop) at around 30:45 so about 7:08pm. As I was running up Kenilworth (the steep hill back up to East Blvd) I saw a group but they were cresting the hill by the stores to the right and there was no way I was going to catch up. If you can give a heads up 12-24 hours ahead of time we can confirm (or ck the website as I'm now RSVP'ing). Sorry I missed you.

The Wed nite run is a good run as it is not "competitive" and features a lot of variety.

Rob

Sorry I was late, as I got caught by a customer right before 6pm. I work off of Harris Blvd. and leave work at 6ish. Cliff, as Rob says, I can usually make it right at 6:29:59 and have time to say a hello or two before we start.  Tonight I think I got there at 6:45 and was suprised to have people waiting to run with me. I appreciated it though.  One girl talks quite a bit, so I ran 6 and quit.  heh  I love her though. Very funny and unique. She's also providing my free place to stay for the Myrtle Beach Race. Originally, I planned on 8 to 10.  Next week I also plan on running 8 - 12. 

Rob, I would have waited as normal, but I had to go pick up my daughters. I waited for a little while stretching. Sorry I couldn't stay till you were finished.

Lynwood,

not a problem. I did not get back into the parking lot until 8:20 last nite. I plan to run Tue & Wed nite next week w/the group, and go long again next Wed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tonight I think I got there at 6:45 and was suprised to have people waiting to run with me. I appreciated it though.  One girl talks quite a bit, so I ran 6 and quit.  heh  I love her though. Very funny and unique.  

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

btw, based upon your initial post last nite, I did not realize that this is also a forum where one professes their love for another? I guess based upon your initiative, this and similar forums in Running Ahead will become more of an exchange of intimate feelings between people and possibly one where marriage proposals are proffered?

Rob

Maybe the expression of love is in case she logs here? Surprised

-- Dick LeBeau

Heh.  Cliff is correct, although I meant to say "gotta love her"....  Ok, now back to my usual macho self!

Ross, you're gonna have fun running Goat Hill and The Toilet Bowl Loop.  You're inspiring me to run those the next time I'm there.