Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/17 (Read 381 times)

Cashmason

Wasn't it Einstein who said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results? And Kimmie, it can't be from stretching. Our Cashmason doesn't stretch.
    Hey I resemble that remark! I stretch the truth, I stretch the facts, and on Thanksgiving, I may even stretch the waist of my jeans. And ever since I started teaching spin classes, the class actually expects me to lead them in stretches before and after the workout.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, I have one request though. Please report back if Mikeymike is as hot as his avatar. Pictures without shirt would gain you a free membership at Team Blister.
      The fact that this got posted 2x is priceless!! I have a feeling the only way a shirtless picture will happen is if I DNF before he Finishes otherwise he will probably be showered and changed by the time I roll in with a camera! But I have every intention of getting pictures to post back here in my novel of a report And so I will definitely work one in of Mikey! I charged up my camera last night and packed the thingy to recharge if necessary. Cash - oh you should totally blame all your issues on the stretching then!!

Happy Camper

Have a great time Shan!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

Shan, I have one request though. Please report back if Mikeymike is as hot as his avatar. Pictures without shirt would gain you a free membership at Team Blister.
          I 2nd this request! Smile In fact, any hot guys without their shirts on will work. Smile

Dave

No need to wait on the race. I managed to dig up an actual picture of Mikey without a shirt on. Enjoy girls. Shan, Nice article on 10 ways to have a lousy race. http://www.runningplanet.com/training/run-a-lousy-race.html?trans_id=&logid=150139 Especially liked this one: Drink lots and lots of plain water during your marathon Don’t use electrolyte replacing sports drinks. The plain water will decrease the sodium balance in your blood and you will become hyponatremic. You will become nauseous, confused, stumble around like a drunk and most likely give the paramedics something to do. This is one of the best ways to ruin your marathon experience.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Brian, When is baby due? We need to add that to the race calendar. Smile Glad you are doing well.
              The doc said she was going to induce on January 14th. I think the 21st was the due date, but DS was rather large (9 lbs, 3 oz), so doc doesn't want a repeat. Race, guess that's one way to look at it! I don't really have much else to say since this seems to have turned into a ladies discussion about hot men with no shirts. Nothing to contribute here! Shan, just want to echo what Bugs is saying. Sometimes it isn't easy to get things down later in the race, so definitely start early. Even though you're planning on mixing in walks, it's still 26.2 miles. I've read it a bunch of places, and never found it to be false, "Respect the distance." OK, enough, have a great time! Gotta say, I'm jealous, sounds like a really fun trip.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - THanks! Brian - YEAH FOR BABIES!!! I have a very large respect for the distance - which is why you have never heard me say that it'll be ok. It won't be ok... fun maybe... painful definitely! All I have to say is HOLY SLEIGH BELLS SANTA!!! What's up with the snow! Let's hope I can still get out of here on time this afternoon!! ok so in my excitement I've gleaned these things... take pictures of hot runner dudes without shirts on drink/gu early and often walk early and often stop to stretch on the way home write a novel of a report complete with pictures Did I get it all??? *Note: I know I seem to be making light of it, but it's only because I KNOW how unprepared I am and I figure if I keep my spirits high it will go better than if I don't. Your support and adivce means the world to me and I'm sure I will think of you all often over the next couple of days! *

Bugs

Shan, A hottie like you atta be able to get a man out of his shirt in ten seconds flat. Brian, Wow, that's not far away. Geez, you better rest up. Dave, ew! HI Cash, Kimmie, Inertia, P2R!! Happy Friday

Bugs

Kimmie

what do you think girls? Should we have all the men on here submit shirtless pictures so we can have a hot guys contest? What am I saying??? Smile I better behave myself- it is my 10th anniversary today. Still debating on making this my last rest day- cough not too bad- but..... shan, again- have a great trip! I probably already said this and I'm sure you've already thought of this- find someone to hang with during the race. Talking is a great distraction.

Bugs

Oh Kimmie we want you to stay married for 10 more years. Don't want you running off with one of our men. So what's everybody's weekend plans, besides our marathon runner Shannon? I finally coming around from being ill, still coughing, but stronger. Hope to run a few miles, but will have to ease into it. I promised my kids some german cooking. Stuff I grew up on but they've never tried. They were up for it as long as they could put ketchup on it.

Bugs

Dave

For the record, I've already posted the shirtless picture. Weekend plans. Going up to Maryland tomorrow to crew for Tri-Kev on the JFK 50 miler. Will post some pictures afterwards. Probably going to run an 11 mile leg with him on the flat stuff so that will be my long run for the weekend. Feeling a little bit guilty about leaving the family all day on Saturday. Will spend the day on Sunday doing family stuff (most likely raking leaves).

dgb2n@yahoo.com

No one wants to see a shirtless picture of me. But I think the ladies should post theirs. Gonna run at the Y tonight. Going to big UC Bearcat game tomorrow night in the cold. They can practically clinch an Orange Bowl birth with a win. Will get in a 12 miler Sat or Sun, then onto a taper which wont be a whole lot different than my standard training Wink

Bugs

But I think the ladies should post theirs.

Bugs

Dave

But I think the ladies should post their weekend plans as well.
                              Fixed that for you. Whew!! that was a close one.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

What am I saying--- married not dead, right? Smile Went out and got a very quick 4 miles in... all I had time for and so glad that I took 2 days off to recover... I usually run through colds and I think it was much better this time around to just lay low for a little bit. Weekend plans- in laws coming in from MI in about 2 hours- instead of cleaning and going to the store, I'm putzing around on the computer... anniversary tonight but going out tomorrow night- lots of other family activities... hope to get 10 miles in tomorrow.