Marathon Trainers

Week of 2-16 (Read 333 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

So, Shan, what are these upcoming races you've signed up and paid for? I guess I'll check the upcoming races thread...
    ok I might take back mentioning it... you make me nervous. Blush I've been working on these for a couple weeks now, just ironing out the details, but was afraid to mention it because I want to be defiant and not listen to the much respected advice "mom" gives me. And nice runs!!!
    theyapper

On the road again...

Haven't checked in for a couple days and thought I would. Work's been crazy, plus I didn't get to do my mid-week long run yesterday due to my sick child. So, drop back, punt, and do the run today, probably around 3:30. Boy, there is some GREAT training in here. You are inspiring.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Nobby's hills are hard workouts. Bugs=Dead Hamstrings=Tired Bugs

Bugs

Pam - I was thinking about you and focus just this weekend on my long run. I'm glad you had to do them by yourself because I think it will help you find your racing mentality. You know that place where you see/hear/are aware of nothing around you... I think when you find that place where you can block everything else out you will see amazing things happening race wise... so maybe intervals will be a place that is good practice for that aspect.
          I think you are RIGHT on about this! I'll just have to work harder next week! Thanks for the insight Shan!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sorry to hear one of your kids is sick They!! Hope you have a great run today! What are Nobby's hills??? Hill repeats??? My 4.1 mile run this afternoon was in crazy weather. Wind, tiny hail then snow. So glad I did the interval workout this morning!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

so it's official i've gone off the deep end. Here is my racing plan for march/april. 3/21 - half 3/28, 4/4, and 4/11 - full. All are paid for. WHOSE EXCITED!!!!!!!!!
              Well, Im glad Im no longer the crazy one. Surprised
                I am a Quarter Pounder with Cheese. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUOip5vGSqc

Dave

Well, Im glad Im no longer the ONLY crazy one. Surprised
                  Fixed that for you Wink Cold developed into a sore throat. No run today. Feels better so I think I'll be good to run tomorrow and my legs will feel fresh.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Chose to make today a rest day because my cough decided to make a reappearance... Sad Don't you guys ever rest???

Oh Mighty Wing

Don't you guys ever rest???
                      i'll rest when i'm dead!Wink
                        Chose to make today a rest day because my cough decided to make a reappearance... Sad Don't you guys ever rest???
                        Sorry to hear about your cough Kimmie!!! Hope it goes away ASAP!! Enjoy your "rest" day! You're a mom, do you ever rest??? I mean if I didn't go out and run I'd be home cleaning or doing something other than relax lol

Fixed that for you Wink Cold developed into a sore throat. No run today. Feels better so I think I'll be good to run tomorrow and my legs will feel fresh.
                          Hope to hear you get a GREAT run in tomorrow Dave!

Bugs

Kim & Dave - Get better. My son tests for blackbelt Saturday and has been sick, he coughs now and just is miserable, infecting everyone else at school. It really sucks Pam, Well...I'm not sure I did the hills right. I am learned a new term, "hill circuit". It was more like hill bounding and some FAST downhill running.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - you were never alone - I was just a little bit behind Wink Dave and Kimmie - I hope you guys keep that sickness to yourselves!! No offense of course! Bugs - ooohhh hill circuit - that just sounds hard!! Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE running???? Just in case you didn't know - I DO!!! I am feeling sooo much better now that I'm running again!
                              theyapper

On the road again...

I am having so much fun right now running. The last few times out I've worn the Garmin and the HRM and just haven't bothered to look at any of the data until after the run. I'm really trying to listen to my body and feel the runs, and it's really brought me back to the enjoyment of it all. I got 5.5 miles in by myself before going out and getting a couple more with my wife. The great thing is that the 5.5 mile run was the same pace as a run a couple weeks ago but my HR today was 6 beats/min lower and I covered more elevation today and over a mile more in distance. Ran longer, hillier, and my heart rate was lower. Nice to see this running thing working. Anyway, had to post about it. Hope everyone that's sick gets better. Nasty time of year with the weather doing such crazy things.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul