Marathon Trainers

9/29-10/5 (Read 319 times)

Bugs

I made it. It was very very hard, different than my other two marathons. It rained hard most of the way. I just wanted to be warm. It was so cold, and was not expected that much rain so soon. They kept forcasting not till 11:00. I was not dressed warm enough. Race Report later, but I'm happy that I broke my time from two years ago.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs go enjoy a hot shower and then drink lots of tea (maybe with some cookies!) You deserve it!

Happy Camper

Inertia, Dave and Bugs WTG! Good races all. 1/2M finished this morning. Time was 1:54:26. A good 6 minutes slower than last year and 3 minutes slower than this Spring. I finished really strong. Average HR was 165 bpm so it was a 13.1 tempo run for me. I don't think it would have ended as well starting out faster due to the course layout and I was pushing hard the last 3.1. It was fun getting back out there after a month break in racing which is most important of all. 5k/10k in November I imagine I will sign up for. I'll see what some faster paced workouts and the cooler weather brings. It wasn't bad out this morning. Upper 50's at start and upper 60's at finish. I'll stop because this is beginning to look like a RR in the wrong thread.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - nice job!! Glad it felt good!

Dave

Very nice, P2R. Bugs, sounds like awful conditions. Can't imagine how bad it would be to run in cold rain for that long. Breaking your time from 2 years ago, particularly in those conditions, is a huge achievement. We need to get you to a nice, dry, flat, cool temp, marathon.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Can't imagine how bad it would be to run in cold rain for that long.
              Seriously! Last winter I ran a race in freezing rain and went 6.2 miles. I can't imagine being out there for 26.2 in that or anything resembling it!!!
                Good runs everybody! Yeah 26.2 in a steady rain would be more than Id ever like to do. Thats a great time. And very impressive that you could improve over last year in those conditions! Good job Bugs. Awesome 5k Mr I! Congrats on the PR. Good job P2R. Always nice to feel good at the end of the race. Never did that in anything over a 15k. Awesome job Dave on the 10 miler..I almost RTYPd on my last 10k.Apparently I didnt run quite hard enough. Good work! The cold is killing me. Took yesterday off. Got myself out for 4 tonight and better than I would have thought. Need a good week and asome longer runs if Im gonna actually race the 1/2 in two weeks instead of taking it easy. Thoughts of doing the full are creeping in my head. I need to let that pass.
                  I dont think I was enthusiastic enough.. Bugs, you kicked ass! You damn near broke 4 hopurs in aweful conditions! Way to HTFU!! Cant wait for a full report.

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - I know you are looking to get faster and I again suggest the 2000 mile forum - there is a lot of very fast people in there with a lot of information to share.

Bugs

Bugs - I know you are looking to get faster and I again suggest the 2000 mile forum - there is a lot of very fast people in there with a lot of information to share.
                      Well I went there, I learned nothing about running. Smile BTW, if you haven't noticed, I posted a race report in 'our' race report forum. I'll have to catch up on everything else tomorrow. My ass hurts.

Bugs

Dave

Great race report, Bugs. Those conditions sounded awful. You are getting faster. You just have to remember that. You're logging good miles. It will come. Maybe a trade a few miles for a bit more speedwork next time, temp miles at MP(-). Who knows. On a better day, on a flatter course, I'm betting you would've hit your goal time.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Well I went there, I learned nothing about running. Smile BTW, if you haven't noticed, I posted a race report in 'our' race report forum. I'll have to catch up on everything else tomorrow. My ass hurts.
                          yeah ok unless you post the here's my info how do i get better there's way too much noise... i read it - you rock!!! you kicked ass in tough conditions!!!
                          evanflein

I replied to your RR in the RR thread. But basically, I think you're trained up really well, you were feeling like crap just the other day, and the weather sucked. Bottom line? Find another marathon about 3-4 weeks away and try again. Use this as a training run, re-do taper (with more emphasis on recovery) and go for it. I think you'll find the time you want. I got out for 14 miles today in snow, frozen slush and wind. Hit a couple of snow squalls that almost stopped me, forgot my headband so my ears almost froze. Basically, that was a hard run. But got 'er done in 1:56, about 8:18 avg pace. Good enough for this week. Next week all day Saturday I'll be on a plane, so thinking of doing Saturday's run on Friday, rest on Saturday (is sitting on a plane rest??), and running long on Sunday. Thinking about doing 18... 20 maybe but I doubt it. There's a nice park with running trails about 5 miles from my hotel in St Louis, and I'll have all morning and early afternoon for running/recovery/getting ready for evening stuff. Then 3 weeks till NYC...