Marathon Trainers

9/29-10/5 (Read 319 times)

Bugs

OR you could wait till I do mine, head East and be my pacer!
    You're on!

Bugs

I was gonna suggest you do Vegas 2009 (if its around still--the marathon0not Vegas) and run as Elvis. Theres normally about 70 Elvii. Shan--reset your streak in the mile a day group--or start running- or both. Big grin
      Kimmie

About Grandmas.... I've only run 5 marathons but that one is my favorite. I love the town of Duluth. I love the people. The whole thing.... the year I ran it, the weather was pretty warm. Somewhere around the high 70s and low 80s at the finish. I would do it again in a heartbeat if it wasn't so far away.
        evanflein

Kimmie where are you located? 8 miles on the treadmill tonight. Could've run outside but the first and last miles would've been treacherously icy. Worked on steady pacing tonight... 8:49 first mile, 8:34 for the second, then 5 @ 8:20 and the last mile @ 8:00 pace, all at 1% incline. Good run... could've gone longer/faster when I finished so that's good. I don't feel like I ran a hard marathon less than 2 weeks ago... I love that feeling! Tomorrow I'll take my running stuff to work and plan on the garden in the evening. Gotta get that stuff done! (but more snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon).

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan--reset your streak in the mile a day group--or start running- or both. Big grin
            yeah realized last night that it was no longer set to restart every day. Jeff has been gracious enough to leave me on there due to my pending return. MTA: I've walked the last two days. It was nice. Today maybe I'll run.
            Kimmie

Kimmie where are you located?
              I'm in northern Virginia... about 30 miles west of DC. Not too far from where Dave lives. I may have said this but my marathons are" Marine Corps (04), Grandmas (05), New York (06), Philly (07) and Chicago (08). Yes, I ran the marathon where people were passing out all around me. Most of the time I like to use the once a year marathon as an excuse to travel, but I thought I'd just stay local again this year. Grandmas was a blast but it was a travel challenge. I went with a friend who has family in Minneapolis. So we flew there, drove up with them and stayed in the dorms. I have others on my to do list. I'd like to run Disney. My sister lives there. And Shan, sorry that I don't know this, but why aren't you running? Are you coming back from an injury? If so, hang in there!
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm doing a one hour run this evening. Looks like first long sleeved run this season. Pre race jitters...for a 5k
                  Ran 4 miles last night. Pushed (too) hard the first couple. Should have taken it a bit easier after pushing hard Tuesday night. Eased in the last 2. Definately feel it in the legs--similar to when I first started running. I do like running harder and not just trotting like Im used to. I think Im running more efficiently, and hope this will help with leg stregnth and getting through the long distances. Tonight will be 4 easier miles.

Oh Mighty Wing

And Shan, sorry that I don't know this, but why aren't you running? Are you coming back from an injury? If so, hang in there!
                    injury of the mind i think.

Oh Mighty Wing

Ran 4 miles last night. Pushed (too) hard the first couple. Should have taken it a bit easier after pushing hard Tuesday night. Eased in the last 2. Definately feel it in the legs--similar to when I first started running. I do like running harder and not just trotting like Im used to. I think Im running more efficiently, and hope this will help with leg stregnth and getting through the long distances. Tonight will be 4 easier miles.
                      Murphy - please take a recovery run. Running every day when you aren't use to it can wear you out. So make sure to plan recovery days.

Dave

Work reared its ugly head yesterday and I couldn't get out for a run. Probably needed the rest day anyway. Beautiful cool weather this morning and a light schedule prompted me to get out early for 8 miles of speedwork. Good confidence builder for Sunday's 10 miler. Did some mile repeats of varying intensity. Fastest mile today was a 6:55 at mile 4 (yikes). I felt like a Kenyan. Will do a mini taper now with nothing fast or past 4 miles for the rest of the week. Nice runs Murph, Erika. MrI, good luck on your 5K. I'm really excited for you Bugs. I can't remember when you've been so well prepared before a marathon. Enjoy the taper as best you can. MTA: Erika, there was a advert in our gym with a guy selling a Garmin 201 for $75. A few people took the little tabs to call. Worst case, mail it to me and I'll sell it in the Pentagon athletic center and paypal you the money Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

injury of the mind i think.
                          Should I book my plane ticket so you have to keep going?

Bugs

Shan-recovery run for Friday--that was my plan's normal off day. I will run a REALLY easy 2. And even though tonight is another shortish run, I will slow down. Have 7 and 11 milers scheduled for Sat and Sun. Bugs--you should book it. And Shan, you should sign up--if registration is open.

Bugs

Shan, Start running, don't sign up for a marathon for a while. What marathon are we running?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, Start running, don't sign up for a marathon for a while. What marathon are we running?
                                If you want to come all the way to PA I hear steamtown is nice. If not we can find one in between.