Marathon Trainers

Week of 11 Aug - 18 Aug (Read 170 times)

Dave

We're all wimps compared to Erika and Cash Big grin Just under 4 tonight at too fast a pace. Ran with DD10 on her bike. Had to go much faster than I wanted to keep up. Totally worth it. Trying to convince her to do this canoe-bike-run adventure triathalon with me at the end of September. She's still undecided. http://www.runningkids.net/page3.html

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

All y'all are tougher and smarter than I am. And yes the hammies are definitely hurting today. Everything else was fine. The lunges were killer. The only time the hamstrings didnt hurt was during todays bike ride. 17 miles to the beach and back, the long way.

Bugs

We're all wimps compared to Erika and Cash Big grin Just under 4 tonight at too fast a pace. Ran with DD10 on her bike. Had to go much faster than I wanted to keep up. Totally worth it. Trying to convince her to do this canoe-bike-run adventure triathalon with me at the end of September. She's still undecided. http://www.runningkids.net/page3.html
        Very cool! I hope she does it. My kids are running a 1/2 mile race tomorrow, but they are out of shape as we haven't been running together. My bad. I should be doing some of those lunges, just too much to do. Think my legs will feel good for race tomorrow. I went to bed early last night, think sleep is really important part of this training. My shorts from last year are tight. I am wearing them today, a reminder to not eat too much. I didn't run all these extra miles just to train my body to carry extra weight and run the same marathon time as last year.

Bugs

Bugs

Checked, I ran this 4 mile race at 7:26 pace last year. Oh that sounds painful. I may be in better "marathon" shape than I am "4 mile race" shape. Oh I should not be so nervous over a silly race. Who would know but me if I am slower?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs you are gonna ROCK this!!

Bugs

Bugs you are gonna ROCK this!!
              Thanks! It's just crap; I never run that fast. But I always feel this way going into those short races. What should my mantra be? Suggestions welcome.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks! It's just crap; I never run that fast. But I always feel this way going into those short races. What should my mantra be? Suggestions welcome.
                i don't know a mantra but you are going to think about embracing the pain/body stress. You are gonna just focus on the people in front of you till you pass them and then focus on the next set. Because you are a speed demon.
                Cashmason

We love ya Bugs. And remind us to have you do track intervals every week or two. Short races help you build your speed for your marathons.

Bugs

i don't know a mantra but you are going to think about embracing the pain/body stress. You are gonna just focus on the people in front of you till you pass them and then focus on the next set. Because you are a speed demon.
                    I think it helps to know it's going to hurt. I'm going to do the no watch thing again. I would be much less nervous if it was a 5K (they don't last that long) or a HM (trained for that). I won my A.G. in this race two years ago, last year I ran it fast but won nothing. I really would like hardware. I have won 0 hardware this year, but have not raced as many small races. (Helps if nobody fast shows up.)

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

my runs are unexciting. I haven't made the mileage in 2 days. I get out too... I really want to... but once running I lack energy.

Dave

Shan, the only thing pushing me out the door lately has been knowing that I've got a marathon in less than 2 months. I sort of doubt that its an energy issue, at least at its core. In almost every run, there's a place where it feels awful and very often, later, a place where it feels great. Try and push through. Less regret. Bugs, knockem dead in your race. 4 miles is sort of an awkward distance. I'd run it like a 5K with two halfs. Slightly below goal pace for the first 2 and then faster for the second 2 to peak at the end. I'm sure you'll do great. You've certainly been putting in the miles. 6 today for me at MP. Warm, humid, and miserable. But banked miles nonetheless.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

6 today for me at MP. Warm, humid, and miserable. But banked miles nonetheless.
                          aww man I'm a pansy compared to you. You are right I need to just push through. You are right it's not energy - it's a blah feeling. Thankfully I have someone to run with tomorrow for my long run!

Dave

I'm sure you'll do great tomorrow on the long run with some company. Do you run with music? Always helps me.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm sure you'll do great tomorrow on the long run with some company. Do you run with music? Always helps me.
                              It depends on what's going on. At the gym - no. Running alone - yes.

Bugs

It depends on what's going on. At the gym - no. Running alone - yes.
                                Two weeks ago I ran with another girl and we both wore headphones. We had them turned down so we could still talk on occasion but mostly we were quiet. This is my favorite way to run, paced off each other, but each of us were able to get in our zone too.

Bugs