Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/29/2008 - 1/6/2009 (Read 352 times)

That's me, thanks. I should run a tempo tomorrow so I guess I'll pick 5K in the middle of it.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Awesome. Im gonna get mine early before dw heads to work. Will also allow me to set a 5k pr. I actually have never raced a 5k.

Oh Mighty Wing

Awesome. Im gonna get mine early before dw heads to work. Will also allow me to set a 5k pr. I actually have never raced a 5k.
        really???
        evanflein

Hey Lou! Fun to see you posting here! These guys are nuts, but they are all a fun group... even Cash, sometimes. Bugs, you can count me out on the virtual race. I refuse to do Facebook, mySpace, anything like that. Gotta draw the line somewhere on the online stuff. Either that or get divorced. I'll be running today and tomorrow, probably a mixed bag of outdoor runs and treadmill stuff. It's gotten colder here and the outdoor runs are getting shorter... But if I can do about 2-3 outside, it seems to make the treadmill part a little easier to take. Current temp downtown is -38, but it's only about -16 or so here... I do like living in the hills, just get tired of running up here all the time! Kimmie, congrats on your 1400 for the year! I know these mileage goals can seem arbitrary and the days all keep ticking by so what's the big deal about the calendar change, etc? Well, a goal is a goal. If we didn't have them, then we're just running around, right? My goal for this year was 2,000 which would've been a big PR for me. I think last year I ran around 1800, but can't recall exactly. Losing most of October and November really sucked because I was way ahead of the pace bunny before then. But... I'm only 15 miles away from 2,000 miles and two days left. I'll do it, and then I think I'll take January 1st off... Big grin

Hail to The Victors!

The New Year's Show Down will be tomorrow. I'll add a facebook event. There will be prizes mailed to you if you win.
            Oh sure, the day after my last speed work of the year *sigh* ;-) I'm in, it'll just be a slow 5K!
              really???
              Yup. With the exception of the one 10k I did last year, all my races have pretty much been part of the training series for Columbus or other half marathons. Theres aalso a coiuple 15 ks around that I do. I plan on doing more shorter races this year since Im cutting back on my marathons. And, to keep me motivated.

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika - there you are!! I was wondering if you survived your holiday's or not and how you were!!

Bugs

Oh sure, the day after my last speed work of the year *sigh* ;-) I'm in, it'll just be a slow 5K!
                  Smile Sorry, I'm a last minute kind of gal. I kept the invites to Team Blister and few local folks. It is for a good cause. SHAN ARE YOU RACING TOMORROW??? MTA: If you guys could RSVP that'd make me look way cooler. Cool

Bugs

Dave

I RSVP'd but right now it looks a little light in there. You could always post it in the main forum and see what you dredge up. It would guarantee my loss tomorrow. I got in a nice easy (almost) 9 miler today. That way I have an excuse when I run easy tomorrow. Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

MTA: If you guys could RSVP that'd make me look way cooler. Cool
                      Uh, don't know how. Do you have to do something since we friended each other after you'd sent out the invitation? (figured it out) Hi, Erika! Hope you don't mind my joining you over here. I think Dave mentioned it when we ran together with Trent, but I, too, was avoiding One More Online Thing to Do. But everyone seems very nice here (so far Smile ).

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cant access facebook until after I get home. I will RSVP tonight though--assuming I got an invite.

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm in. I had an AWESOME workout!!!!
                          Kimmie

I just RSVPed. Sounds like fun! I guess I'll run mine on the trail here.
                            evanflein

Lou it's a goofy group. Started over on Coolrunning in the Newbie Cafe, originally started by Linda (IndyRunningGirl) who now only occasionally posts on Kick. Cash and I are the oldest original members, and Murphy joined us the last year or so and started this thread over here! We talk a lot of running stuff, focus is mostly on marathons but lots of other distances too. And LOTS of chatter. Like weight loss, and Shan making babies... and dogs. Etc. Fun group. I ran 4.3 miles outside at -23F and it took me a long time to warm up! I usually think of my feet as being on some sort of thermostat, and when my core warms up enough the thermostat opens up and my feet and hands get and stay nice and warm. This usually happens around the first mile or so. Today, a little over 2 miles, my toes were still cold and I was getting a bit worried being over a mile from home. But, by 3 miles they'd warmed up so I stayed out a little longer than the planned 5k. Then came inside, quick change and hopped on the treadmill for 45 minutes in room temps. First 15 mins at 8:49, second 15 mins at 8:34, last 15 mins at 8:20, 5.25 miles total. Sort of a different approach to a progression run. Total was 9.55 for the day.

Oh Mighty Wing

I think Brian is the only one who made a baby! aww I was part of the CR group too!! Back when I could only run 1.5 miles 3x a week... man I really must like to associate myself with people who are where I want to be huh??