Marathon Trainers

10/20-10/26 (Read 332 times)

Bugs

Kimmie, We're both leaning now. It looks funny when our avatars are underneath each other. We should all have leaning avatars bet we tip this forum upside down.

Bugs

And I may have to try this streaking thing..... Smile
      We might have to change the name of the group, because I've thought about this once the marathon is done. I can't imagine trying to keep a streak going the week after a marathon, my legs were trashed for a week after the last one.
      evanflein

ERIKA, I REALLY hope your foot is fine. Good to get it over with.
        Well, I thought so, too! But his office just called and canceled my appointment. Funny... if I were to do that less than 24 hours ahead of time I believe they'd charge me a no-show fee. Angry I did get rescheduled to next Tuesday, but that is so far away! She said she'd try to find a cancellation for me earlier than that. What sort of emergency does a podiatrist have that would call him out of the office? I can't imagine.

Bugs

Well, I thought so, too! But his office just called and canceled my appointment. Funny... if I were to do that less than 24 hours ahead of time I believe they'd charge me a no-show fee. Angry I did get rescheduled to next Tuesday, but that is so far away! She said she'd try to find a cancellation for me earlier than that. What sort of emergency does a podiatrist have that would call him out of the office? I can't imagine.
          Bummer. Actually they do get called to surgury because sometimes injuries have to get fixed ASAP.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Yeah that is a bummer! Now you have to wait till next Tuesday and go through all the anxiety again!
              Shan, the monkey marathon would have been a crazy first effort. Like crazier than something I would do type of crazy. Bugs, you are my superhero. I need your discipline in base-building. Since my first two marathons Ive not been able to keep motivated for more than a month. Ive thought about streaking in the winter after Vegas. Joining back up at the Y and can do some indoor streaking.

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah i'm not crazy enough to go unprepared. plus i'm not sure its worth the stress it'd put on my body. i'm just gonna aim small like for solid base building!
                  Well, I did the one thing tonight that I didn't need. I played basketball with some guys at church and rolled an ankle. It didn't seem bad because I played for another hour after it happened, but you know what happens to these once you take the shoe off. I don't swell much and this isn't too swollen, but weight doesn't feel great on it. At least I've got a few days before the 15k, and more than enough time to get better for the marathon. I am stupid enough to play next Tuesday though. Promised dad I wouldn't play the Tuesday before the marathon.

Oh Mighty Wing

oh man... ice and elevate above hip bone.

Dave

That sucks, Brian. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as you first thought. I've pretty much abandoned any sport that makes me move laterally. I got injured 2 years ago playing softball. How sad is that? Wink Guess we're all getting old.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

That sucks, Brian. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as you first thought. I've pretty much abandoned any sport that makes me move laterally. I got injured 2 years ago playing softball. How sad is that? Wink Guess we're all getting old.
                        Must be the lateral movement, and all that jumping and stuff. Funny, 10 minutes after a 20 miler I feel great. 1 hour after playing basketball I'm still feeling tired. Different sort of "in shape" I guess. Feels a little better this morning, but I'll probably skip my run.

Bugs

OH Brian! There is a guy here at work that did that exact same thing during marathon training. I think he had some degree of taring too...he missed the marathon. Doc said that your legs get used to moving in a certain direction and when you switch to a sport like basketball where you have short sprints and sudden stops your chances of injury are really high. I'd reconsider playing basketball till post marathon.

Bugs

Bugs

Bugs, you are my superhero. I need your discipline in base-building. Since my first two marathons Ive not been able to keep motivated for more than a month.
                            I would nominate Kimmie, she seems to be the least hurt and running the most. I don't know why but I never loose motivation. I think I took a total of 3 extra days off this summer because I just wasn't feeling it. I am a little burned out on racing right now. I just want to focus on good training. I ran on tired legs way too much this summer. But we've both got another year ahead of us to train hard and smart right? I bet if you could run a marathon every month and keep improving if you only did easy runs in between.

Bugs

Kimmie

woo hoo! I've never been a super hero before. Although I don't think I've run near what I should have.... And, Bugs, I forgot to say that I LOVE your new pic. Cute kid too.

Dave

She's been in the group for like 2 weeks and she's already a superhero. Great. No one ever nominates me as a super hero. Right now I'd be Captain Grumpy of Tapersville. Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com