Marathon Trainers

10/27-11/2 (Read 337 times)

Bugs

Bugs, think positive thoughts
    Smile Oh crap am I being crabby again...I feel much better today. Cash, You're one of us. Don't forget it.

Bugs

OK Kimmy we can take your pictures down only after my marathon and we'll becomin Team CHAFFING, and I'll post my picks, ok.

Bugs

oh well. You want to see the look of a struggling marathoner... www.marathonfoto.com Columbus Murphy 2526
        I couldn't get them to come-up. Is bib # right?

Bugs

no, its 2532. sorry.

Dave

I posted one up on the front. We need more pictures for the front page.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

That One?? Ugh. I did kinda like the one going by Ohio State. I actually have a foot off the ground.

Dave

I'll post whichever one you want. As long as it is embarassing. 3 miles on the treadmill today. First one was tough. Last two felt better. Active recovery is a beautiful thing. Erika, how are things going? When do you fly out? Why haven't you posted a race number for us to stalk you?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh glad your legs are working better Dave!
                  evanflein

Mr I that's so funny. I want to see the dry heave shot. I always look horrible... head back, mouth gaping like a fish, usually flushed... there are some at Boston that make me think the medics should've been following me. But I really felt pretty good! Dave, I'm in the first wave, Green start (means I'm on the lower level of the bridge at the start, not as steep), 9:40 start time. Bib #17018. I ran 5.3 miles on my TM last night. I sort of wanted to run outside but didn't want to deal with getting all the layers on AND if I had problems I wanted to be able to stop and get off without having to walk home. I didn't have problems... foot felt a little sore but not bad. Then I had the bright idea of "let's see how it feels in the morning with no ibuprofen tonight!" I hate it when I get these bright ideas. Foot is a little sore and swollen today. So, no running today, probably not till Sunday. I'll go to the pool after work for 30 minutes of pool running, then home to pack. We fly out at 1:25 a.m. tonight. Our departure times are usually awful because we're at the "end of the road" for Alaska Airlines. Go thru Seattle, Chicago, then into LaGuardia at 7:20 p.m. Friday night. It's going to be a long day, even with first class all the way! (60,000 Alaska Airlines miles for each of us, gone in a snap!) I won't be taking my computer so unless I can hop online from my niece's computer or my friends in Manhattan, I won't post till Tuesday when I get home.

Bugs

You guys have no idea what a bad marathon photo is. Bugs with headache: I'm pretty sure I win the worst marathon photo contest. MTA: You put that on the front and I'll remove it!

Bugs

evanflein

Bugs, pictures like that make it hard to remember... we do this for fun! (I have one like that... and no you're not gonna see it!)

Dave

MTA: You put that on the front and I'll remove it!
                          So give me one I can post. The race photo of me at the end with the medal is pretty bad though. You can't make it out from the thumbnail but the look on my face is pretty awful. I'll email you the link.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Bugs, pictures like that make it hard to remember... we do this for fun! (I have one like that... and no you're not gonna see it!)
                            I could NOT post it till my next marathon where I had much better pictures. I'm not ashamed of it any more, instead proud. I have no pictures of me walking. Wink

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I've got a 5k (recent) that looks almost as bad. A friend of mine came to take some pics. He's a good photographer and not a runner. I assumed he would take the standard finish line pic, but he was at mile 2.3ish, right when I was really sucking wind and just trying to hold on. He said the light was better there. I look bad and it's just a 5k.

Hail to The Victors!

Jhallum, nice job on the run. I'm the same way- if it's windy and cold, I have to totally psyche myself up for it and then 5-10 min. into it, i'm fine. what are you training for ?, I forgot.
                                I'm training for Disney, Jan 11. Is it a sane idea, training for a January race in the midwest with no treadmill workouts? We'll see! Bugs: I have a horrible picture from Toronto last fall where I look like death incarnate. And I felt far worse than I looked.