Connecticut Runners

2015 Who's Racing Where - Post 'Em if You Got 'Em (Read 15 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

I might poach Oski's town race and run the Willington PTO 5K next Saturday.  Nothing planned for Monday though.  I'll probably just train.  Got the Iron Horse HM on 6/7 so I'd like to get some more quality work in before then.

<3

Great to see mgerwein at the Bridgeport HR 5k this morning. Great day for a race on a beautiful course

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      Baboon

delicate flower

Great to see mgerwein at the Bridgeport HR 5k this morning. Great day for a race on a beautiful course

Kevin, I stalked your log for your race result.  Mighty impressive!  Congrats on another win and the PR!  I need to find a flat 5K.  I've had a couple of good 5K performances in a row now but they were both on tough courses.  I'm anxious to see what I'd do on a flat course.  

<3

Thanks boon. Looks like you're definitely starting to roll. Keep it up.

If you can find a good coastal course, those tend to be the flattest. Bridgeport was like track flat.

Baboon

delicate flower

I'll need to find some time to work a flat 5K into my schedule.  My next race is the Iron Horse HM in two weeks.  It's fairly flat.  I'm looking forward to that one seeing how I ran a nice PR at Savin Rock earlier this year.  Generally for me, flat = faster.  I'm trying to figure how to take two hilly 5K PR's the last three weeks and apply that to a strategy for a flat HM.

<3

yond

16:41, great!  My target for this year. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Iron Horse Half Marathon this Sunday.  Time to grip it and rip it.

<3

Iron Horse Half Marathon this Sunday.  Time to grip it and rip it.

Sweet. Kill it.

I'll be trying out the track again on Saturday. USATF-CT Outdoor O/M Champs in Bethel. Trying 3000m for first time.

Was pretty thin turn out for the distance events (at least for the dudes). But good to meet RA'er DigDug and get in 3000 painful meters with him.

Too bad USATF CT doesn't do really anything to promote these meets. They don't even try. One email to current members. That's it. Could be so much cooler. I mean, they are well run, but no one attends. Anyway, onwards...

DigDug2

Nice run today, Kevin, and good meeting you.  Agree re: the low visibility - I think there are a lot of runners that would be interested in this type of meet and it was a fun change of pace, but I hadn't heard about it until reading your post earlier in the week and it would have been more fun with a bigger crowd.

DigDug2

Running the Fairfield 5K tomorrow - good luck to anyone racing this weekend!

Hope you got it in before the rain...is today the half? If so, ugh.

mta: saw the results- nice job. And looks like you had some solid competition. Any good race stories to tell?

DigDug2

Thanks - I was very happy with the PR and sub-18.  I paced pretty poorly - there were some fast dudes there and I guess I got caught up in the first mile, so the last mile was pretty painful.

Any races coming up?

Thanks - I was very happy with the PR and sub-18.  I paced pretty poorly - there were some fast dudes there and I guess I got caught up in the first mile, so the last mile was pretty painful.

Any races coming up?

Done that 100 times...

I may throw in a XC race up in Litchfield later in July (for $2 it's a great deal). They have them every Thursday night on the White Woods course.

Other than that, New Milford Road Race (8M) on 7/25. They've changed the course this year because of construction on the traditional. The killer hill is still there at the end (yeah!), but it's considerably flatter for the majority - but to make up for it, just before the big hill, you now get the two twin hills from the 5k course right before it, instead of a nice steady downhill right before it.

If you haven't done a summer series race (like white woods in litchfield, or waveny in new canaan, or the ones in meriden, newington, bolton, or handful of others - just check hitek calendar for weekday summer races) - do yourself a favor and do one. They range from FREE to a couple of bucks, are super laid back, yet usually bring out some great competition, and just harken back to a time...let's just call it a "pre Competitor Group" time. So much fun. Real running community.