Denver Area Runners

Colfax Marathon (Read 327 times)

Rim Rock Dad

Did anyone run this today? I want to know how you did, but also, if you think they got the course nailed down yet. This is only the 3rd year for this race, and today's course is the 3rd version. Last year, I was thinking about running until they announced that the course was changing. Side note: Today would have been a HM PR if I had run it. My 11-12 miler felt that good. Big grin
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart

Top 'O the World!

not I....me & DH did an "easy 5" on Highline canal this am w/the big dogs.....before beers on the Lodo deck Big grin....gotta get em ready for BB next week!
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Me neither. Ran a real nice 20 in Waterton. I think Kerry Kuck and a few other RMRR members ran this morn. The course still doesn't look that great to me.
        Dave
        "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
        --- Clarence DeMar
          Just checked the results; Kerry ran a very impressive 1:55:53 in the half. Tristan Mitchell (RMRR member) finished second overall in the full with a 2:47 I think.
          Dave
          --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

Just checked the results; Kerry ran a very impressive 1:55:53 in the half. .
            Yep! Channel 9 interviewed him @ the finish...poor Ashton totally missed his comment about the course being "more scenic" this year! Big grin
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              I don't care who you are...that's funny! Smile Big grin Big grin Sorry I missed it!
              Dave
              --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

I just checked 9's website. They don't have Kerry's interview listed. Hopefully, they'll remedy that problem soon enough.
                James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                  Here's an article from the Post about Kerry.
                  Dave
                  --- Clarence DeMar
                  sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Dacook, I have a question about your 20 in Waterton. How are you running 20? Are you doing laps or are you continuing on the Colorado trail. Just curious, I was thinking about doing a 20 in Waterton but couldn't stomach doing laps. SG
                    If you're bored ask why you're boring

Top 'O the World!

I just checked 9's website. They don't have Kerry's interview listed. Hopefully, they'll remedy that problem soon enough.
                      Hmmm, I don't see it online either Confused maybe it was just the "live version" of two minutes (nothing written out) during broadcast...I honestly thought they'd write something out! Actually, for having three broadcast members running the thing, I don't see too much about it at all!! Undecided
                        Dacook, I have a question about your 20 in Waterton. How are you running 20? Are you doing laps or are you continuing on the Colorado trail. Just curious, I was thinking about doing a 20 in Waterton but couldn't stomach doing laps. SG
                        Generally, I do some version of "laps". Yesterday, it was 6 up to the base of the dam, down 4 to the 2 mile marker, back up to the base of the dam, and then back down to the parking lot. I find it easier to turn around and go back up if I do it before I can see my car. Big grin It's also pretty easy to stash extra water or Gatorade somewhere around 2 or 3 miles so that i'm not carrying two bottles very far. That being said, I have done the loop at the top, also. Added to the other 12 miles or so on the road, it totals about 17 miles with some real nice trail (except when it gets real crowded). Either way, it beats an out and back on Highline anyday!
                        Dave
                        --- Clarence DeMar
                        sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Thanks for the info. I may do my 'rest' run there this coming weekend. I have been doing my 20's up in south Boulder. There is a really nice 10 mile loop from one of the Eldorado Springs trail heads. I has a good mix of hills and flats. You can also use your car as an aid station.
                          If you're bored ask why you're boring

Prizefighter

Hey, gang. Is anybody thinking about signing up for the Colfax Marathon this year? There's a "buy one get one free" deal for registering before the 15th. I can't talk any of my friends into signing up with me, so does anybody here wanna split the cost of a single ticket with me? This is going to be my first marathon. Excited!
                            PCHOOOOO!