Drinkers with a Running Problem

I think I'm getting old! (Read 315 times)

Renee the dog

Last night, I drank 1/2 of a martini, and put it in the fridge cause I wanted to go to bed early so I could run extra early today. Since it was post-noon, I didn't trust the vodka in my bod for the morning run! Dead

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Not old. I think an old person would have finished the martini. I think your running problem is out of control........ abandoning a martini is alcohol abuse. Jason
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not old. I think an old person would have finished the martini. I think your running problem is out of control........ abandoning a martini is alcohol abuse. Jason
        Yeah...I'm siding with Jason on this one. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

obiebyke

In the fridge? Really? That's the old person part. Like you had to save that booze because you remember the hard times of the Depression. Tongue

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In the fridge? Really? That's the old person part. Like you had to save that booze because you remember the hard times of the Depression. Tongue
            Hey, at the rate things are going we'll be in the great depression of the 2000s... Roll eyes Cry

~ Sarah Kay

obiebyke

I know. I knew someone would point that out. But wait! We'll each get $300-ish in tax refunds so it can trickle down to the unemployed, who don't get jack! That'll help, right? Wink

Last night, I drank 1/2 of a martini, and put it in the fridge cause I wanted to go to bed early so I could run extra early today. Since it was post-noon, I didn't trust the vodka in my bod for the morning run! Dead
                You can no more keep a martini in the refrigerator than you can keep a kiss there. - author Bernard Devoto fwiw, i was able to enjoy a post 6-mile martini last night. in its entirety.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know. I knew someone would point that out. But wait! We'll each get $300-ish in tax refunds so it can trickle down to the unemployed, who don't get jack! That'll help, right? Wink
                  Heh...I wouldn't get Jack--or diddley squat, for that matter! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Renee the dog

LMAO! I told you I'm getting old! I made up for it today by finishing said martini, then having two Celebration Ales at dinner to celebrate our lousy couple inches of snow here at the coast in New Jersey.

obiebyke

That's what I like to hear! Big grin

Imminent Catastrophe

In the fridge? No, no, no. If you must, it goes in the freezer! Geesh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I suppose everyone knows this, but I store my vokda/gin and glass in freezer and vermouth in the fridge. Never has to be diluted or bruised by ice.
                            Does anyone NOT store vodka in the freezer? I mean, it's difficult when you don't have room for your food, but necessary... Wink
                              In golf, I believe that is called a 'bogey'.

Renee the dog

I suppose everyone knows this, but I store my vokda/gin and glass in freezer and vermouth in the fridge. Never has to be diluted or bruised by ice.
                                PerfesserR, this was my concern...the bit o' water in the drink...why I opted for fridge. Now I am enlightened to keep my vermouth in the fridge and I won't have to worry about any water factor, if I ever find myself in the position of saving a drink again. My husband is still ROFL that I didn't just drink the darn thing at the time.