Drinkers with a Running Problem

WTF... (Read 499 times)

Scout7

I'm being passed around here like a side of beef. Not complaining, merely making an observation. I got me a case of Bell's Kalamazoo Stout last night. Good stuff.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got me a case of Bell's Kalamazoo Stout last night. Good stuff.
      Do they distribute near you? BTW, hubby said he heard that Anheuser-Bush is buying Bell's. I don't know if that's good or bad. Probably neither. But it may mean that Bell's will be available in more places, so that would be good. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Well, I found a distributor that had it, so they must be. A-B buying them is probably not the best thing in the world for them. Sure, they may get distributed to a wider market, but at what cost to the beer and its fans?
          What is Bell's Kalamazoo Stout - Is it an ale? I've never heard of it before.

Michelle

Scout7

Well, stouts are a classification of ale, so yes, it is.
              Well, stouts are a classification of ale, so yes, it is.
              Oh. I didn't know that. Probably because I can't stand ales. Nasty stuff. A friend gave my husband and I a case of Pete's Wicked - GROSS! I ended up giving it to my one neighbor.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, I found a distributor that had it, so they must be. A-B buying them is probably not the best thing in the world for them. Sure, they may get distributed to a wider market, but at what cost to the beer and its fans?
                I wonder...though Miller buying Leinenkugel's doesn't seem to have hurt the beers, but it's nice to be able to buy them outside of WI. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

A-B already owns a number of "craft" beers as it is. Blue Moon stands out most prominently in my mind. I'm still partial to my locals, namely Victory and Weyerbacher. As for not liking ales.....Don't take Pete's Wicked as the representative of the ale group. There are lots of good ales out there: stouts and porters for a darker color, IPAs for those who want something a little more bitter, Belgians which tend towards the lighter and sweeter side. I'd bet you'd go for a good Belgian, or perhaps a Trappist ale.
                    *drunkenly flashes Dave* *belches* *farts*
                    A virtual flash? My first. Thanks for being gentle, Zoomie. Seriously, WTF have I been doing? This group is GREAT f@#$ing AWESOME! Dark stouts are GOOD. I must say one of my favorite beer-discoveries this year was Blue Moon with a wedge of orange. Not available here in Canada, so I have my buddy bring me a case (or two!) every time he comes to visit from Iowa. Word is, he'll be moving from Iowa City to Milwaukee. Rumour has it they make beer there... any truth to this?
                      I must say one of my favorite beer-discoveries this year was Blue Moon with a wedge of orange.
                      Blue Moon stands out most prominently in my mind.
                      I tried this one in Atlantic City - I didn't like it. I'm starting to think that I'm truly in a beer rut, a Miller Lite rut to be exact.

Michelle

Scout7

I spent too much time in Germany, I can't bring myself to put a slice of fruit in my beer. I've always said that if you claim you don't like beer, you just haven't found a beer you like. So many options out there to pick from.

The voice of mile 18

i do believe fruit in beer is a violation of the man rules

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

i do believe fruit in beer is a violation of the man rules
                            Yes, bit I've applied for an exemption for having a slice of lemon in a hefeweizen.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Also, it helps ward off scurvy. A serious problem here in Canada, eh?
                              Scout7

Also, it helps ward off scurvy. A serious problem here in Canada, eh?
                                That's why gin and tonics come are garnished with a lime wedge. British sailors used to miz their quanine (tonic water), which was used to ward off malaria, with their gin rations, and added the lime for taste, and the vitamin C was needed to avoid scurvy. Also why British sailors used to be called "Limeys". Today's useless liquor factoid. I got a bunch more, too.