Green Bay Marathon

Hello All (Read 298 times)

Well there are not that many people on her from my neck of the woods but I could not find any other groups about the Green Bay Marathon so i decided to create my own. Since i started it i am currently the only member. The more poeple that join the better, but until then i just plan to post how my training is going and what i am doing. Hopefully, others will see this group and join. That way we can all discuss the Marathon and our goals.

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd like to do this someday. I was born in Appleton and grew up mostly in Door Co. It would be a really great race to do, since my folks could easily come watch and cheer me (and my brother...he lives in Chi-town, but I'll bet he'd do this one, too) on. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It will be my first Marathon so long as I can stay healthy. It’s still a longs ways way, but I am really look forward to the challenge. I see that you ran the Half Last year. How was that? They changed the course this year to start and stop at Lambeau Field. I did the 5k last year and it was really cool to run thorough the stadium.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran the Grand Rapids half...I live in West MI, now. But I am really considering GB someday. Would be neat to do GB in the Spring and GR in the Fall. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hi OJ, Thanks for starting the user group; kind of a small group right now, but you never know who will sign up for the race. I signed up for the Green Bay Marathon about a week ago and right now I'm not "officially" on my training schedule, but I am ramping up mileage for a half marathon in Waukesha in early April. I've only run one marathon before (Mad City in Madison) and hopefully will be healthy for this one. It's been kind of tough with the weather lately, but I usually do my long runs this time of year at the Pettit Center in Milwaukee. The surface on the track is pretty hard, but you can't beat running indoors in winter.
            Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
            Crazy Train

OJ - thank you for starting this user group!! I also signed up for Green Bay and it will be my first marathon. I'm very excited for it, although this training in the snow and cold weather sure takes a bit of getting used to!! Jim - I haven't run at the Pettit yet, but I may have to consider that. Well, I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum and for the marathon. It will be great!!

Runnin' from the law.

Welcome to the group Jenny. I've only run one marathon previously (Mad City in 2005) and have managed to injure myself the last two years, so I'm taking things a bit more slowly this year. Are you running any other races? I'm doing the Trailbreaker Half Marathon in Waukesha in April as kind of a warm up to see how ready I am.
                JoeShort

I just joined the group, planning to come from Iowa to run the full marathon in May. This will be my third marathon, I've run Des Moines twice with a PR of just under 3:18. Probably looking for a similar time at GB depending on how the training goes. Rooted for the Packers last night, very disappointing end to a great season but things are looking good for next year! Good luck to everyone!
                    Hi Joe, Welcome to the user group. It's been a little lonely and I'm not sure if the other two people who've joined are still planning on running. Green Bay will be my second marathon; I ran the Mad City Marathon in 2005 and have managed to hurt myself evey year since. If you're agreeable, sometimes it's nice to see the running logs of the people on line and you can make yours public. I'm still in a state of mourning about the playoff loss to the Giants, but the Packers played so poorly that they didn't deserve to win. Oh well, there's always baseball seasosn. Jim
                      Welcome all, Sorry for not beeing around lately. I just got back from my honeymoon and have slowly been working to get back into a regular running schedule. Know that thier are more people then just myself i will be posting regularly on how training is going.

JoeShort

Ok, I made my log public, but it will look a bit strange at first. I have a friend who's helping me put together a training plan, so she goes in and enters workouts a few weeks in advance. Then I record my actuals once I do the workouts. Also, I'm currently training for a couple of 30 hour Adventure Races in Feb and March so my marathon buildup won't start until then. We typically run a marathon during the course of an AR so my base will be there, just a matter of upping the speedwork and long runs a bit and backing off the biking.