Toronto and Beyond

whats your plans for December-January (Read 133 times)

Go Pre!

Any races? What kind of training? Easy during the holidays? Hardcore and keeping at it to help stay tuned and work off the holiday calories? We are in for 2 races this weekend, a 'go hard' 5K in Burlington Saturday and a local 10K fun-run-race in the Beaches on Sunday. Still debating the Resolution Run 5K on the 28th....probably though, just for fun. (hahaha) Keeping the mileage up to around 60K per week for Decemeber. Mostly easy, sometimes hard.
      Just cruising until January. Hoping to be able to hold on to the "Long run" with minimal expenditure. I had visions of running 20 every other day, but Frig that is hard. I haven't been able to maintain it. Anyway I am sleeping better since I've toned down the running. I was waking up after 4 or 5 hrs of sleep. One of the signs of overtraining I think. At least I read it here somewhere. It may not be accurate....however Big grin I do sleep a solid 8 now.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

I run more during the holidays because I can get out during the day. I have to be careful not to over-do it though. Still plugging along with the never-ending-shoe-saga but I'm getting closer to a resolution. I'm going to start some hill work in preparation for Harry's Spring Run off which is typically my first race of the year. I'd like to stay at 25-30 mpw.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Pretty sure I'll run the Boxing Day 10 miler. 6 days a week. 45-50 mi./week. All of it easy. Holidays? What holidays? I'll be working. And, running.
            Except for Dec.25 and 26 I have to work, so certainly no extra running. I have taken the last 12 days off for a number of reasons, partly sore throat, partly just to take a break, so will have to get back into the habit with a gentle run this weekend. Part of my problem is that my family want to eat at 6:00pm, so I come home from work and find dinner ready, can't run after eating for an hour or two, by which time its too late. I also hate getting up early, so mornings don't work well for me either. I plan to work up yo 50kms per week in Dec/Jan/Feb then increase from there. Hope it works out.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

I'm a mess right now running wise. I have completely lost the bubble. At this point it makes no sense for me to plan anything. I'm just sort of lost.
              And who am I anyway?
              Just another fat jogger, evidently.
                I'm a mess right now running wise. I have completely lost the bubble. At this point it makes no sense for me to plan anything. I'm just sort of lost.
                Without a plan it is easy to do nothing. Even if you don't reach your goals it is better than not having any. Sometimes you just guilt yourself into a run.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Oh I'm not doing nothing. It's just that what I am doing is all disjointed and no longer based in my present reality.
                  And who am I anyway?
                  Just another fat jogger, evidently.

Go Pre!

Oh I'm not doing nothing. It's just that what I am doing is all disjointed and no longer based in my present reality.
                    I recommend running with Dark Side of the Moon playing on your iPod (if you do in fact run with one) It is 42 minutes of running bliss. Whenever I am just running with no real plan, this is quite enjoyable!
                      Oh I see................. Ok no I don't, WTH are you talking about?

I suck... I'm getting fat and slow over the holidays.
                          I suck... I'm getting fat and slow over the holidays.
                          Hey Pat! Let us "old folks" keep running and see if we can beat the kids in the spring! Big grin

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Well, you are an Optimist ruth! Now Simon may have a shot at it.