Toronto and Beyond

Looking for another race... (Read 186 times)

redleaf

So I've been reading about all of you with your 21.1km and 42.2km races and now I want another 5km race (or two or three). There's a "Santa Shuffle" the first saturday in December. Has anyone done this? I'm already signed up for one of the Resolution Runs at the end of December (I'm weird, ask Pat, I love winter) And then it seems like I have to wait until March! The only place I know to look for races thought is the running room website. I'm sure there are other sites to find local races... which do you use? Thanks

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Go Pre!

I know of many, which I have been meaning to post, several 5 and 10ks to fill out the year. Too tired, going to bed after a late evening doing www.daddyo.ca fixes....yawn ciao --- I have done a Santa Shuffle - they are all unofficially-timed, and not accurately measured, so it is a true 'Fun Run'. - There are no race festivities like post race food etc. The Resolution runs are the same. The have a clock running and an official Finish Line, and decent post race food, all the makings for a real race except no official results. We will be at the Nov 23 and Dec 13 events here http://vrpro.ca/hm/
        I am a huge fan of this race: http://www.boxingdayrun.ca/ If you register before Dec. 1, it is only $30 for the run. More if you want a jacket or tights. Their gear is good and much sought after.

Go Pre!

I am a huge fan of this race: http://www.boxingdayrun.ca/ If you register before Dec. 1, it is only $30 for the run. More if you want a jacket or tights. Their gear is good and much sought after.
          Great looking event - on a day I can't run. Too much family stuff going on. New years Day in the Beaches, a 9K run called hair of the Dog. We may do that one. No website for it - I will get more info for you closer to the date.
          redleaf

Looks good but 10 miles is a bit out of my league at this point!

HF #4362

You did have to post this, didn't you..............Hmmm .....thinking.......

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

No kidding. Never entered a race before and always said I never would. Still, ten miles isn't bad. Hmmmm
                And who am I anyway?
                Just another fat jogger, evidently.
                  I'd like to give it a go but I'm not driving to the Hammer on boxing day..... plus my family drink too much on the 25th to be running a 10 miler the next day. Boo Hamilton. Only good thing about Hamilton is their football team is worse than ours....... MTA: I'm 95% decided to run ATB
                    Boo Hamilton. Only good thing about Hamilton is their football team is worse than ours....... MTA: I'm 95% decided to run ATB
                    Hey I used to live in Hamilton Angry ....................OK I'm not really angry Big grin Why not 100% for ATB?

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

I'm mostly a soft runner and am not sure I can dedicate myself to train for it. I mainly boo Hamilton because of the football rivalry.

Go Pre!

I'm mostly a soft runner and am not sure I can dedicate myself to train for it. I mainly boo Hamilton because of the football rivalry.
                        But there's so many good reasons to boo the hammer.
                          But there's so many good reasons to boo the hammer.
                          Looks like Hamiltonians don't even know a marathon is 26.2 miles not 26.34 Big grin

Redleaf, I admire your keenness, but do you really want to run a race in mid-winter? I certainly don't! Anyway, check the running room for 5ks in your area, there is something called "the snowflake series" if you are really ambitious, but I don't have any details. (I grew up in Africa, so avoid unpleasant weather as much as I can!) Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

redleaf

Redleaf, I admire your keenness, but do you really want to run a race in mid-winter? I certainly don't! Anyway, check the running room for 5ks in your area, there is something called "the snowflake series" if you are really ambitious, but I don't have any details. (I grew up in Africa, so avoid unpleasant weather as much as I can!) Simon.
                              Ahh but I truly do love winter. I particularly love January-ish because then it's usually cold enough to play hockey outdoors even in Toronto. On the flip side - I can't stand summer. I don't like being hot. Sigh.

HF #4362

Hi Redleaf I'm with you. Although it is great to have more time to run in the summer with long evenings, there is nothing like going out for an invigorating run at -4C. Big grin My very favourite temps are in the single to low double digits (0-12 C). Layer up and away you go! My first run of the year has been Harry's spring run off at High Park in April. Major hills but it gives you something to train for! Ruth

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.