Toronto and Beyond

I remember you... (Read 175 times)

Mr. North Wind. You bastard.
    And who am I anyway?
    Just another fat jogger, evidently.

Go Pre!

Mr. North Wind. You bastard.
      Yes, it was nasty this morning. NASTY.
        Still Nasty!! Oh well the legs got a workout anyway and yes I brokedown and put on the long pants and shirt. Would have loved to have this wind blowing down Yonge st during the race though Wink

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Yeah I broke down and went for the trackies too. I ran Monday in the rain in shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt. I had planned on doing the same today but when I walked my dog this morning and that wind hit me... yeah, trackies.
          And who am I anyway?
            I agree - bit nasty out there but feels pretty good when the wind's behind me! Big grin

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

redleaf

It made the run out harder but was awfully nice on the run back. I may have to invest in some gloves though!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Go Pre!

Yeah I broke down and went for the trackies too. I ran Monday in the rain in shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt. I had planned on doing the same today but when I walked my dog this morning and that wind hit me... yeah, trackies.
                Oh no, the shorts were in full force this morning. In the 6AM darkness. Now I did have my long sleeves and gloves on Smile
                  Ran in shorts last night........ the wind was nasty. This morning at 5 I thought it would be wise to put on the tights .... and I was glad that I did. There was a -5 wind chill this morning....... come on spring...... First sign of spring.... a loop around high park.
                    Tights... I know I know..... I just haven't yet managed to get my head completely around them. I mean, you have to keep in mind that I was raised in a place where the only time "real men" were allowed to where shorts was when they were swimming in a lake or river, and even then it was cut off jeans. I have made wearing running tights one of my goals this winter.
                    And who am I anyway?
                      Real Men don't freeze their nards off....... Tights plus running underwear with a gortex codpiece is the only way to go. Of course you can get loose fitting winter running pants if you desire. I believe it was tuf_aint_enough who said: "wearing tights make me feel like a superhero"

Go Pre!

Being healthy and feeling better is cool, no matter how you slice it. Wear whatever keeps you getting out the door for another run. My main issues with winter is finger tips and wind in the face. It sucks when it gets so cold you need to cover your face and then you struggle to breathe through the mask!
                          Real Men don't freeze their nards off....... Of course you can get loose fitting winter running pants if you desire.
                          We have a winner. As for freezings your nards off, it almost happened, one must wear wind pants over your running pants when it is blowing and the temps are -10 or so.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Being healthy and feeling better is cool, no matter how you slice it. Wear whatever keeps you getting out the door for another run. My main issues with winter is finger tips and wind in the face. It sucks when it gets so cold you need to cover your face and then you struggle to breathe through the mask!
                            Dude, I can't remember who or where but someone gave me a tremendous tip for keeping my face in shape during winter runs. Just put a thin layer of petroleum jelly ( Vaseline ) over any exposed areas of your face. You stay warm, you don't feel the wind at all, and it does not sweat off. I ran outdoors all of last winter and my face was the one part of my body that I can say never got even remotely cold. No need for a balaclava or anything. It worked so well that there were a few times last winter where I ran thinking I could be a winter storm and by the time I got home I had a layer of ice and snow stuck to my face nearly an inch think. The sweat that was beading up on top of the jelly had frozen and then the snow had stuck to it and accumulated. I never even felt it. Now, for the fingers... I wish I had the answer there. I have broken all but one of my fingers at least once, and some of them several times. They just ache when my hands get cold. I invested in "wind proof / water proof" gloves last year that held up fairly well, but there were still times when my hands hurt for the entire run.
                            And who am I anyway?

Go Pre!

I do agree with the vaseline, i use it as well, but have never really given it a good go but I will. And seriously, what's up with the finger breaks? Too many unpaid gambling debts????
                                LOL. Right hand.... I was a catcher from age 9 all the way to age 20. The four fingers on that hand were all from foul balls, the pinky three times. The thumb was from a collision at the plate. Left hand? Football and anger management issues in my teen years.
                                And who am I anyway?