Toronto and Beyond

Who earned HTFU points today? (Read 67 times)

I tried the treadmill for 3 miles but couldn't handle it anymore. So I went out in the deep freeze for 4 more miles! Woo hoo! Wasn't too bad actually - I was relatively sheltered. Feels good to earn those points! Cool

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I'm not sure if I qualify or not. I was supposed to run a hard 5k today but am still recovering from a strained quad so the "hard" turned to "easy" before I even started. About 2.5k in I reached a point where I was more skating than running and started to get nervous about my leg slipping out from under me and aggravating the quad so I shut it down and did a super slow jog home. You are right, though, the weather itself wasn't all that terrible. On a semi-related note..... Man I love my Brooks Glycerins but they have absolutely no traction in snow. I was really disappointed by the 5s last winter and even in rain during the spring and summer. It was the one thing I was hoping they would improve in the 6s. As it turns out, it was the only thing they didn't. It's a great shoe, but I am seriously considering shopping for maybe a trail shoe to wear in the snow and ice this winter.
      And who am I anyway?
      Just another fat jogger, evidently.
        I use the grippers that they sell at RunningRoom. I have tried them out a few times but other than the fact that they are very heavy on my feet, I like them. I have run on fresh, deep snow in them and I don't slip at all. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I have a pair of Adrenelines that I ran in last summer that I used periodically last winter when the ice / snow were really bad. Those were awesome. Running on snow or snow covered ice in those was just like running on pavement. The only problem is that they are very stiff and kill my calves since I stopped pronating. I may have to break down this year and just run surface streets. It was a point of pride last winter that I still ran the Gardner, Cedarvale etc all winter even though they were never plowed or salted. I credited running on that hard pack all winter with being able to cut 5 minutes off of my 5k and go from a long run of 10k last October to a long run of 30k in May of this year. I was kind of looking forward to those type of gains again but meh, not so sure now. Maybe I do just need to HTFU, lol. I retract my application for HTFU points today, but hereby declare my intention of earning several over the course of the winter.
          And who am I anyway?
          Just another fat jogger, evidently.
            planned to do an easy 4... but took a pass because of the combo of wind, hangover, and the fact that I'm generally soft and need to HTFU.
              Ran an easy 10k. Wasn't too bad, except running into the wind. That wasn't so good. It was gusting over 50km/h.