Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Thank you Trent & Volunteers (Read 703 times)

DoppleBock

Flawless race

But the race is evil - My quads and calves have never hurt this bad

I do believe Yazoo beer is also evil - As my head still hurts

Maybe the 2 are related?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

A Saucy Wench

Flawless race

I do believe Yazoo beer is also evil - As my head still hurts

Maybe the 2 are related?

Your calves and quads are hungover?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

C-R

Flawless race

+ a gazillion

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Flawless race

+1

You put on a much  better race than those NYRR jokers

~Sara
          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Kalsarikännit

It is weird, but I have not been sore at all (but was definitely hurting during the race).  The hangover, though...that is a whole different matter.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

The first year I ran Monkey, I wasn't sore at all.

The second year I ran Monkey, I was normal post marathon sore.

This year, I only ran a little bit of Monkey and i've never been more sore in my life.

Thanks, Monkey.

Spot on, DB. 

The after race activities are so fun that I keep forgetting to strangle Trent.

“I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz

It is weird, but I have not been sore at all (but was definitely hurting during the race).  The hangover, though...that is a whole different matter.

The 26.2 mile warm-up probably helped on both counts.

MTA:  My legs feel okay as long as I don't walk down stairs or hills, up stairs or hills, on flats, sit down, or lie down in bed.

DoppleBock

Funny though, Ennay asked me if I was coming back next year ... I hesitated.

All I remember thinking for 23 miles of the race was ... Did this really suck this much last year?  Really?

I learned a couple of hard lessons this year - I think it was from hanging out with Mr Skootr ... You always learn something about life when hanging with Skootr.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

You always learn something about life when hanging with Skootr.

That is quote-worthy.  Ha!

Yes, quite a day.

And thanks for the weather.  Well, I thank you.  Some may not have appreciated the temps so much.  I appreciated it x100 trying to get home (Planes, Trains, and Automobiles style).

Skooter 3.0

I'm going to blindly assume that was a compliment.

Man, what a great race/weekend. My quads are totally trashed, but I wasn't hungover at all, so that's a plus. I remember hating this race at about mile 17...and again at 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26...but you know I'll be back Smile

Goals?

A Saucy Wench

I'm going to blindly assume that was a compliment.

Man, what a great race/weekend. My quads are totally trashed, but I wasn't hungover at all, so that's a plus. I remember hating this race at about mile 17...and again at 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26...but you know I'll be back Smile

I'm hurt.  surely hate is too strong a word for the last 3.5 miles.  Smile

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Skooter 3.0

Loving Anne has little to do with hating the Monkey...but really, if I hated it so much would I really have made a day out of it?

Goals?

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Flawless race

Same here. As Albert Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. For the 2nd yr I dragged my broken self around the course telling myself it would be the last. On the drive home My wife says I'm really looking forward to next yr. Hopefully trent will have the mini monkey and I can run  too. You could run both. I just agreed and groaned in my head. Next Yr ?  I need to heal from this yr. The race was great but meeting everyone and socializing was much more fun.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Loving Anne has little to do with hating the Monkey...but really, if I hated it so much would I really have made a day out of it?

Skootr I did make a day of it.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."