Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

npaden

4.05 miles, 10:21 avg pace, 139 avg HR.

64 degrees this morning here in North Dakota, but a little less humid and a breeze and I ran a little less hilly route this morning.

Elevation is a little lower than home (3,200' in Lubbock vs. 1,900' here), but still feeling really good about my runs the last couple mornings.

I've been running just a little over a year now and it was interesting to go back and look at the 2 runs I did last year here in North Dakota.  I ran them in the evenings because I wasn't willing to get up early in the mornings to run then so some of the extra time was due to the higher temperatures in the evening vs. this year I'm running in the morning, but I ran 4.01 miles at a 12:03 pace and my notes say that it was a very hard run (I didn't have a HRM at the time but I'm sure it would have been up in the 160's at least for an avg), and I ran 3.09 miles at an 11:05 pace and my notes mention that I struggled a bit and my legs hurt from the previous run.  Not sure what my HR would have been on that run but probably in the 150's because that's what I thought was an easy run at the time.

Would have been really nice to have been using a HRM back then to help quantify the improvement, but I'll take it.  Will be interesting to see if I continue to improve significantly over the next year or two.

I'm skipping this months local running club race on Saturday, but going to start thinking about some speed workouts toward the end of the month to prepare for the 10K race in September.  Then going to run a 5K race in October that I'm going to try to beat 24:00 on and then a challenging half marathon in November that I would like to break 2 hours on.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

labhiker

Unexpected rest day today.  My resting HR seems to have shot through the roof @ 60-64 bmp.  Felt it best to take the day and rest.  Not sure what has caused the 10bmp spike as Im feeling generally OK. 

labhiker

npaden

I'm loving this week in North Dakota!  Making me look forward to fall even more than usual!

4.04 miles this morning, 10:18 avg pace, 141 avg HR (not a true reading).  58 degrees!

Had a hard time getting up this morning so cut it to 4 miles. Wore my Fivefingers for my longest run in them so far.  My HRM was messing up at the start and added a few extra beats to the average. I think it's because I'm not sweating at the start on these cool mornings. Oh well, it was a really nice run, beautiful morning.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

KSimpsonTrek

Trained right at noon in Minnesota, 70 degrees.

Decided to mix it up with body weight circuit training and maximum speed intervals today.

Circuit and Interval details are on my calendar on my page, because I have to go and work! Not enough time to write a big ol' entry.

Feel great now! It's fun to get the heart rate up every once in a while and see where I'm at in the higher percentages in heart rate training.

Resting Heart rate and Standing Heart rate have been unusually close to each other the past two days. (Resting: 62, Standing: 67).

If anything, I expected Resting/Standing heart rates to be higher because of the higher efforts I'd been putting in.

npaden

Back in Texas.

10.24 miles, 11:18 avg pace, 146 avg HR.

First long run in a while. Down into the canyon and back. 71 degrees when I started and 79 when I finished. Humidity fairly low, wind WSW at 9 mph. Got stung by a bee just before going down into the canyon and cracked the screen on my iPhone when I was sprinting away from several more and it flew out of the pocket on my hydration vest. Let my HR get higher than I wanted, but still not sure it is reading accurately, lots of crazy fluctuations there toward the end that I sure didn't feel when I was running.  Oh well, good to get in a long run.

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

Sunday 12 August 2012
              Freakish montage.
              Part BST (British Summer Time), part GMT-6

It's a bit cranky, though enjoys fresh air;
              Not so much heat and humidity.

The beast dips toes into racewalking water.
              Otherwise, it's a more classic pas de deux.
              A little run, a little walk.
              Unhurried it goes.

bf

npaden

6.01 miles, 11:04 avg pace, 143 avg HR.

Sunrise run at the house. Beautiful morning, 71 degrees, 54% humidity, DP 64, wind W at 6 mph. HRM still messing up. Took my shirt off at 4 miles and thought it solved it this morning, but looking at the graph there are still spikes.  Need to get it figured out or just quit using it. Good run though.

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

The creature lurches recklessly astride moonlit trails.
                  It tugs spasmodically. Sparse application of Taser
                  jolts is all that's required to induce good behavior.
                  As a consequence, critters of the night forest pass
                  largely unmolested.

8 miles mild obedience training.

bf

npaden

4.12 miles, 10:28 avg pace, 137 avg HR. Beautiful morning. 70 degrees, 84% humidity, DP 65. Wind ESE at 7 mph. HRM was working the entire way after a good scrubbing last night, but the high humidity and no shirt probably helped. Great run.

Finally some decent running weather......except for the 20 mph NW winds.

4.0 miles

139 Ave HR

9:55 mpm ave.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

BeeRunB

9.41 miles

2:30:00

walk/run

44 miles on the week

Have good weekend!

--JimmyCool

npaden

Breaking out of my base training with one speed type workout a week for now. 4.02 miles, 9:01 overall pace, 157 avg HR. Intervals in the park after work. Beautiful afternoon!! Overcast, 76 degrees, 64% humidity, DP 64. Per weather wind E at 14mph, but sure didn't feel like that much at all. 800m intervals, shooting for 4:00 each with 400m recoveries. Added an extra one there at the end. Great workout.

KSimpsonTrek

Breaking out of my base training with one speed type workout a week for now. 4.02 miles, 9:01 overall pace, 157 avg HR. Intervals in the park after work. Beautiful afternoon!! Overcast, 76 degrees, 64% humidity, DP 64. Per weather wind E at 14mph, but sure didn't feel like that much at all. 800m intervals, shooting for 4:00 each with 400m recoveries. Added an extra one there at the end. Great workout.

Sounds like a fun speed workout. Great job!

labhiker

10,2miles, 117 ave.   Enjoyable run, no complaints.  Pleased with HR control/ management.  Kept HR <114-116 for an hour before slowly climbing.

labhiker

labhiker

6am, 3.5 miles, 118bpm.  Slow and easy.  No complaints

labhiker