Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4.6 mile walk HR 108/128 ---15:33 pace

Jimmy - 45 mile week. WTG. Do you have a race coming up?

12th Annual PEACHTREE CITY 50K

& 7th Annual PTC 25K

7:30 a.m., Sunday, November 10, 2013

Click here to download an application in PDF format.

Friends running the 25k. I may do 1 loop for recovery. Running Soldiers marathon on Saturday.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6.6 miles HR 116 /176 Shocked 12:30 pace

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

justrundan

4.6 miles yesterday running on Door County, along Green Bay shoreline. Impossible to run against wind and keep HR down, so I just ran!  Chilly but beautiful.

Dan

Chasing the bus

Yes! Finished my week at 30 miles after 6 miles outside tonight. Feeling stronger, though it's time for a day off. I managed a stretch of 5 days in a row, though, and had 6 miles two days in a row under MAF and below 11mm, and for starting base building season pace, I'll take that. If I can keep up the distance for another week, I'll bump up again a little.

have a great weekend, all!

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
          Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

DollarBill

Yesterday 4 TM miles 46:07 11:31 pace @ AHR = 131

Today 6.7 miles on the trails 1:14:44  11:10 pace @ AHR 136, just a beat above MAF.  What a nice day for a run.

John  nice week for you there.

BeeRunB

MAF test today.

On the return trail.

Showed no signs of slowing from the abnormal mental stress brought on last night by the bottom of 9th in the World Series.

Cool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

12.6 miles. 31 mile week

May need to replace battery in  HR monitor

Pain in heel after napping.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

double today

7 miles a.m.

3 miles p.m.

Cool

npaden

First easy run with a working HRM in a while.  75 degrees and windy.

4.54 miles, 9:33 avg pace, 136 avg HR.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

BeeRunB

recovery 5 miles

Cool

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, guys!

finished MCM this weekend at easy pace (lots of stops for other reasons). After the DNF in Chicago I needed the confidence.  Both RRs are in my blog if interested.  Someone stupid left her HRM in Miami and had to run MCM by feel.

I ran 6 yesterday at a super high HR.  Not worried since I had my allergy shot that day and that increases my HR by 10bpms (from prior experience) and I am recovering from the race.  So, meh.

planning on 9 with hubby tonight, at his pace which is 20bpms below MAF.

Damaris

itake8ez

feeling very disappointed with low HR training.  I started low HR training early June and today, 5 months later I attempted a trial test to determine my fitness level and I was/am sorely disappointed!  I was running in the low 24's for the 5k at end of spring and now I can barely do 9:00 for 1 mile.  Seems like running slow is teaching my body to run slow.  The only upsides are lack of injury and the ability to go long, but forget racing!  Now I wonder if I'm ever going to even get back to where I was last spring!  Am I the only one who got slower with this type of training??  BTW, my max HR was 186 last spring, for this test I did (2)1 mile repeats 1@9:20 and the other @8:58 with avg hr 174 and max hr 184!  So I was pushing myself!  Personally, I think I need to keep up with once or twice weekly speed/tempo runs.  Any thoughts?

BeeRunB

feeling very disappointed with low HR training.  I started low HR training early June and today, 5 months later I attempted a trial test to determine my fitness level and I was/am sorely disappointed!  I was running in the low 24's for the 5k at end of spring and now I can barely do 9:00 for 1 mile.  Seems like running slow is teaching my body to run slow.  The only upsides are lack of injury and the ability to go long, but forget racing!  Now I wonder if I'm ever going to even get back to where I was last spring!  Am I the only one who got slower with this type of training??  BTW, my max HR was 186 last spring, for this test I did (2)1 mile repeats 1@9:20 and the other @8:58 with avg hr 174 and max hr 184!  So I was pushing myself!  Personally, I think I need to keep up with once or twice weekly speed/tempo runs.  Any thoughts?

Did your aerobic speed progress through those 5 months? (speed at MAF)

If so, what pace were you at in the beginning, and where do you stand now?

Remember that if you do the aerobic base phase properly, and improve aerobic speed, then you'll be ready to add racing or some anaerobic running. What should happen is that you will see your aerobic speed improve even more, and your race times will improve from race to race. The aerobic base phase builds your endurance. The program is a combination of both aerobic and anaerobic work, with a suggestion that it be periodized. Some people do just fine with all MAF mixed with a weekly tempo run.

MY RUNS:

double

am 9 miles  2:18:00

pm 2.5 miles 43:00

Cool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6.3 miles no monitor 12:33 pace

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

4 miles

1:02

plus yard work

My Red Sox win! Now I can relax.

Happy Halloween! Evil