Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

BeeRunB

Double today

am 10.25 miles 2:34:00

pm 3.05 miles 0:50:00

Cool

BeeRunB

11.18 miles

2:45:00

50 miles for the official week

making progress in distance and pace at the same HR and heart-time.

Have a good weekend!

Cool

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, jimmy!

Marathon 1 of 2 done.  I'll share the stats later.  Ran 1 mile and 0.10 walk for 12 miles.  Then I added another walk at the uphill (1/2 mile loop).  Worked really well as I didn't have to walk more.  Runs at MP HR and walks easy.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Soldiers marathon 5:24:54

Just discovered there was a time change for the cut off

15 miles in 3 hours 12:00

Changed to

16:00 miles in 4 hours 15:00

Would have been nice to to know yesterday!

Ran 15 in 2:57: x x

walked 3

run 8.2

13.1 in 2:40: x x

Might have negative split if I had not walked 3 miles. On the other hand, might not finished stand without the walk break.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 mile walk  HR 94 / 116

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Chasing the bus

4.5 miles tonight to finish my week at 33 miles, including working nights, two 14 hr days, and tonights unplanned "stairs intervals" at work. But I'm tired. I think I'll take a cut back week, though I wasn't planning one until the end of the month.

Have a good weekend all!

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
              Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Marathon 2 of 2 was done.  Did not wear my HRM because of bad chafing from Saturday's marathon and I would've run faster than Saturday but for the balls of my feet almost blistering and in pain from MIle 1.  I was able to tape them at Mile 18 and after that, everything went great.  RRs in my blog if you so desire to get bored.  Ha.

I will be taking a week off running and come back next week and see how my HR is doing.  If a 5 miler at Maff goes well, training will resume.  If not, more time off.  4 marathons in the span of 20 days is a lot.

Damaris

Chasing the bus

4 marathons in the span of 20 days is a lot.

Ok, sheesh, I'll stop whining! Well done D!

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                  Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

BeeRunB

Way to go, Damaris Karnazes.Cool

Awesome display of endurance.

Marathon 2 of 2 was done.  Did not wear my HRM because of bad chafing from Saturday's marathon and I would've run faster than Saturday but for the balls of my feet almost blistering and in pain from MIle 1.  I was able to tape them at Mile 18 and after that, everything went great.  RRs in my blog if you so desire to get bored.  Ha.

I will be taking a week off running and come back next week and see how my HR is doing.  If a 5 miler at Maff goes well, training will resume.  If not, more time off.  4 marathons in the span of 20 days is a lot.

BeeRunB

MAF test today

making progress

Cool

labhiker

I have not posted for a while and found myself silently lurking from time to time to see how everyone was doing with the Low-HR training.  Nice job everyone and congrats to all!

jimmyb - WTG, sounds like you are really upping the mileage and logging some serious time. 50 miles per week, nice.   Glad to hear all is working and you are seeing progress.

damaris - as others mentioned - nice job with the back-to-back ++ races.  That's some serious endurance.

ron - pleased top hear your knee is feeling better and great job at soldiers marathon.

further - pleased to see you back and wtg.

All others who I am missing, wtg

For myself, at the end of Sept I ran my first half in nearly seven years and PR'd by nearly 10 minutes +/-.  It was a great run on a slightly hilly course and I ran negative splits the entire way.  Kept it simple and approached it as a training run.  No gu's, no carbo loading, just water at aid stations.  Went into the event with a controlled race plan following HR.  The extended summer base building (or patience phase) paid off as I found myself purposefully holding back throughout the race and surging on/off at times to keep to my pre-race plans.  I felt strong the whole way and had a great time.  Very comfortable.  The maffetone method clearly works and I felt great after the race (could have run the course again - however at a slightly slower pace).  I'll share a report under the race update section.

I am pleased to report my health is good and things remain stable - all good stuff.  My training is going well and seem to be typically averaging 34-41 miles per week.  In general, I continue to follow a very slow  and controlled progressive type running style whereby I slowly build towards MAF by the end of the run.  My average HR for most runs seems to be about MAF -10 to -7ish with pace floating around 10:30s to 11mm range.   I'm again following a HH program and increasing both midweek and weekend long runs according to the plan.  For the first time I'm starting to throw in a little pace work where Hal suggests pace runs.  Being a MAF junkie, my pace runs consist of a slow progressive build towards MAF (129) and then going towards  +10 to +20 max for the final 2-3 miles (nothing more).  My thought is the +MAF time is simulating MP and is very comfortable to maintain (not too much stress).  Maybe in a few weeks I will increase the duration of pace work to add additional stress and be more realistic.

Off for a planned 4 mile easy run in the dark.  RHR around 47 bmp (typically round 50).  This week is a cut back week with planned weekend mileage of 9 mile (pace) on Saturday followed by a LR Sun.

labhiker

BeeRunB

Thanks, Lab. Good to have a blister again.

TODAY:

9 miles

2:15:00

Cool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Plan 8 miles @ 15:00 pace.
                            Mile 1 14:58 some walking W/U
                            Mile 2 15:20 no walking
                            Mile 2.6 The Wall
                            Wobbled home
                            3.6 mile total
                            I need to figure out am I feeling the effects of being under trained for the marathon last Saturday or is it the <5 hours of sleep each night. It could easily be a combination of both.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

npaden

Good job everyone.

I haven't been getting in many MAF runs and when I have I've been off my normal route or not wearing my HRM.

Did get a PR on a tough half marathon course last week with a 1:43:26 though so I think I'm still progressing in the right direction!

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Good job everyone.

I haven't been getting in many MAF runs and when I have I've been off my normal route or not wearing my HRM.

Did get a PR on a tough half marathon course last week with a 1:43:26 though so I think I'm still progressing in the right direction!

Congrats!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter