Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I've been lurking but figured I might as well jump in and post!

Saturday I did a bike/run brick: 90 minutes on the bike trainer (avg HR 142) with nearly 40 minutes at threshold watts, followed by a 4 mile run (44:30, avg HR 147). Running off the bike is so much easier on Maffetone.

Sunday I swam 2000 yds in about 37 minutes but no HR data from that.

Welcome to our little corner of RA. Notice you were at HHFM. Hope to meet you in 2015.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4 miles AHR 118

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

npaden

Good luck on your race in a few days Clay!

Here's to good weather and good digestion!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning, guys and Happy New Year!  I have been slacking on the posting, ever since I got sick, bah!

Started the year with 12.12 miles, 2 with hubby at 115, the rest at 141-145.  Very nicely done.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And good luck, Clay!!!!!

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Runnerclay--- Pistol 100---27:47: xx

11 mile loops. Thinking I had another mile somewhere. Loops 9.12. did not stop watch or check the clock.1 & Done

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Congratulations, Ron!

That was some seriously nasty weather and road conditions you had - way to tough it out.

Recover well.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Clay!

Still mojo-less but I managed 38 awesome miles during last week.  Too bad that's not even enough for my usual mileage.  I need to get my Paris marathon training program soon or my mojo might hide for good.

Damaris

npaden

Runnerclay--- Pistol 100---27:47: xx

11 mile loops. Thinking I had another mile somewhere. Loops 9.12. did not stop watch or check the clock.1 & Done

Their official time has you at 27:46:58!!  Those few seconds means a lot I bet.

Congrats!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Their official time has you at 27:46:58!!  Those few seconds means a lot I bet.

Congrats!

Thanks. I was just getting ready to check.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awesome job, Clay!

While the whole country is freezing, I have had two 6 milers at 140 and 144 respectively, in the high 80s.  Asthma came in when I ran in 88F on Monday night but yesterday felt better.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5 mile walk. No HRM.

Sunday 7.9 mile walk. Ankle sore. No HRM.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5 miles HR 94 / 128. I unlaced the last 2 eyelets on my shoes. Pain free run.Ankle still a little tender.
                            I have no idea why I used the last eyelet  in the first place. I never do.Balls of feet could use more padding.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!  Marathon training started with 5 easy miles today at 138HR.  New MAF mile test at 11:18mm.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 miles HRM 123 / 142

1+4.5+.5 = 6

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter