Low HR Training

Can you do the MAF test on a treadmill? (Read 225 times)

jeffdonahue

Okay, so I am expecting my HR monitor to arrive any day now and was planning on doing an MAF test when it gets here. Unfortunately I live in Massachusetts and we are covered in snow (more coming tonight) so there are no tracks that are cleared off for me to run my test on. So I was thinking I could hit the gym and run it on a treadmill as I dont really know any routes where I could accurately have a mile to test by for 5 miles. So, logistically how would one do a test on teh treadmill. I figure one mile of slowly building up my HR to the MAF target area and then 5 miles of MAF testing, but how does one record the results of each mile while running on a treadmill? Has anyone done their test on a treadmill and if so how did you do it? I definitely want to do it so I have a baseline to compare to down the road. thanks in advance Jeff
    BeeRunB

I do mine on the treadmill, set at 1% incline. I find it the best way to control variables. There's no wind, it's easy to keep the temperature close to the same. It's a fine way to do the test, and monitor progress, stress, eeetc. --Jimmy
      jeffdonahue

I do mine on the treadmill, set at 1% incline. I find it the best way to control variables. There's no wind, it's easy to keep the temperature close to the same. It's a fine way to do the test, and monitor progress, stress, eeetc. --Jimmy
        Thanks Jimmy, But how do you actually record your times? I suppose I could just use my stopwatch along with the treadmill clock to give myself saved splist. Never mind, I think I just answered my own question. Smile
        BeeRunB

Same as outside, with my HRM and HRM watch. I use my Garmin, set it to indoors, or my Polar. --Jimmy