Low HR Training

HOW MUCH OF AFFECT DOES RACING HAVE (1 A MONTH) WHILE BASE BUILDING? (Read 451 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

MY TIMES APPEAR TO BE SLOWING DOWN. COULD BE FROM A LACK OF REST. THE PLAN IS TO DO A MAFF TEST AFTER A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP (RIGHT). MY NEXT RACE IS SEPT 20 IN ABBOTSFORD,BC,CANADA. 11 WEEKS OF MAFF TRAINING BETWEEN RACES. IT LOOKS LIKE MY OTHER RACES ONLY HAVE ABOUT 5 WEEKS OF MAFF TRAINING. THE RACE TIMES ARE BETTER BUT THE MILEAGE IS UP 100% (50+) VS (100+) IF NOTHING ELSE THE MATT PLAN AS PREVENTED INJURES WHICH HAS KEPT ME ON THE ROAD.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

MY TIMES APPEAR TO BE SLOWING DOWN. COULD BE FROM A LACK OF REST. THE PLAN IS TO DO A MAFF TEST AFTER A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP (RIGHT). MY NEXT RACE IS SEPT 20 IN ABBOTSFORD,BC,CANADA. 11 WEEKS OF MAFF TRAINING BETWEEN RACES. IT LOOKS LIKE MY OTHER RACES ONLY HAVE ABOUT 5 WEEKS OF MAFF TRAINING. THE RACE TIMES ARE BETTER BUT THE MILEAGE IS UP 100% (50+) VS (100+) IF NOTHING ELSE THE MATT PLAN AS PREVENTED INJURES WHICH HAS KEPT ME ON THE ROAD.
      IVE GONE THROUGH SEVERAL PERIODS OF SLOWING AT MAFF OVER THE PAST 1.5 YEARS. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HAVE STRAIGHT LINE IMPROVEMENT. I THINK YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT IN 2-3 MONTH INCREMENTS OR IT WILL DRIVE YOU CRAZY.

Just Be

CAPS LOCK!! Big grin

Just Be

I don't think racing has much of an effect during a base phase as long as the races are not conducted at 100% effort or if they are that you can recover from the 100% effort quickly enough as to not interfere with your base building plan.
          BeeRunB

It's not a base phase if you're racing. By the end of a racing season of about 8-12 weeks, my MAF tests decline. This is due partially to the effect of stress. lactic acid, and a focus on fast twitch. Partially due to lower volume. I haven't done a pure base phase since December, and its almost time. --Jimmy
            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

CAPS LOCK!! Big grin
              It is easier for those of us that do not type. Big grin

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

It is easier for those of us that do not type. Big grin
                Don't mind me. I'm a bit of a smart ass. No offense taken, I hope...none intended. Smile
                runnerclay

Consistently Slow

not at all. Cool Cool

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter