Low HR Training

Losing the Blubber...cooling the core... (Read 2314 times)

jdazzle

Thursday weigh in (Week 2) Weight:  181.8 lbs (183.4 start) Down this week, but don't really know why. Ive started activity once again and went on the nost fun run ive ever gone on this past week. It was basically a scavenger hunt that involved running around center city Philly while carrying a decorated pickle! The winner had to have the most interesting pickle picture out of the 8 designated picture locations, like the rocky statue and love park. Good times! Oh, and tonight a local running store is having their weekly group run followed up with a Santa sprint, which I'm gathering is just a bar run! Woohoo for the holidays!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

ok, I'll commit... my weight has almost creeped back up to where it was (178) when I had my blessed heart attack in March 08! Have to get it down. Still its better than my weight of 222 lbs in 2000!

176.5 lb this morning. 

no progress... 177 this morning... Over did some bbq the other night and just plain have been eating to much. Have to get serious. ... sigh

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

jdazzle

Wednesday weigh-in (week 3) Weight: 183.4 (183.4 start) That feels more like it. At least I'm maintaining. At least I got a long run in last week!

For the last year and a half, I have maintained a weight of about 177.  This morning, I weighed 181.  Holiday eating and the fact that I have greatly reduced my running has contributed.  I am glad  it was not more, and it has not gotten out of hand.  Time to start watching the weight a little more closely.  I am hoping to be under 177 in the spring.

I have read that people find it hard to drop weight while in the midst of a training phase that has higher mileage.  So, I am hoping to lose some weight this winter before increasing mileage toward the spring.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

still losing ground. At least 178 this morning. didn't weigh myself until after coffee and cereal... Gotta get my head back on!!!

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

I was able to control the damage. Last Monday, the day before the holiday crowd arrived, I weighed 155.8. Today I weighed 155.6. Considering the time of year, I'm calling that progress.

BeeRunB

Date 4/21/2010 12/30/2010
                lbs. 184 174
                waist
                42"
                38.75"
                neck
                15"
                15"
                %bodyfat
                31.0%
                25.7%
                fat lbs.
                lean lbs. 126.96

No weight change, but my waist shrank a quarter inch.

keep going everyone! If you make it through the holidays all even, or within one pound, you've

accomplished something.

--Jimmy

gregw

Frightening weigh-in tonight:  159.4.  Hoping it's an anomaly as it would mean I've gained almost everything back since May.  Hate to think I spent all this time sugarless and end up with nary a PR out of it.

First weigh-in since then:  159.2.  Looks like it was real.  When I injured my foot, I figured I'd gain the weight back before I could take advantage of it.  Bummer.  I'm still 2 pounds down from the 161 I weighed when I ran 40:21 for 10k in May.  I'm not doing nearly the training though that I was then.  We'll see how I fair tomorrow at a New Year's Eve 10k.

gregw

Graph of my weigh-ins for 2010.

jdazzle

Wednesday Weigh in (Week 4)

Weight:  184.2 lbs (183.4 start)

Up this week, but less than 1 lb increase through the holidays!  Success!  Time to buckle down.  I've got a team of people at work I'm competing with in a weight loss / push-up / 5k race competition from now until Memorial Day, so now there's two groups I'm accountable to.  Let the games begin!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

still losing ground. At least 178 this morning. didn't weigh myself until after coffee and cereal... Gotta get my head back on!!!

n/c from last week. But about to head out for an evening bf run with a group at Univ of Tx. 2nd run today.

bob e v

gregw

Made Phil's Avocado pudding.  I liked it.  Wife and kids wouldn't touch it.  Not enough data yet, but I'm hoping that the slope of my weight vs time graph has turned negative.

jdazzle

Wednesday Weigh-in (Week 5, posted two days late!)

Weight:  182.8 (183.4 start)

Actually starting to follow my diet plan.  Slow, steady progress is the name of my game.  Let's keep it going!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

177 this am. Got as high as 179 yesterday morning. At least its down from the 178!

bob e v

jdazzle

Weigh in, Week 6

Weight:  181.8 (183.4 start)

Lost close to my 1.5 lb per week goal.  Training load has increased and appetite has adjusted to the diet.  If i keep this up I'll be in tri suit shape by June!