Low HR Training

Ketogenic diet and keto adaptation (Read 35 times)

Shondek

bpmHi guys i decided to go back to the 2 week test in order to give my body another factory reset.After the test i decided to follow the low carb route but this time do it properly by following the ketogenic diet ie eat less than 50g of carbs a day.

5-10g of carbs from Animal source

"                               Nuts

"                               fruit

10-15g          "            Vegetables

5-10g              "             Sundries     

My weight has gone from 12 stone  to roughly 10.5 stone +/- 2lbs (147lbs) .

The first couple of weeks my maf paced regressed but after I adapted and went into ketosis the pace went  back to normal.I cant however say that progress is any quicker than but one thing I have noticed is that on my out and back routes I am able to maintain an negative split ,which has always alluded me in the past .I get 80% of my diet from fat(fat) and my body fay at present is roughly 7-9%.I dont miss ckakes bread chips etc as I have replaced one fuel(carbs) with another more important fuel(fat).This is where most people go wrong in low carb diet.They eat too much protein and gluconeogenesis takes place(protein get converted to sugar) and dont eat enough fat.

I have read that being in ketosis should increase your maf heart rate by up to 20% .That means I go from 124bpm to 140!!!?Which technically takes me from a 50+ year old to a 35 year old 180-35-5=140..Nice but possible!!?? who knows only Jimmys test will tell some of the story ..when i pluck up the courage to try it again I'll post you the data Jimmy if that's ok.Here's a medic that claims his pre ketosis maf was 104(seems a bit low) then went to a MAF of 166!!!!!!That's teenager data.Let me know what you think of the article

http://eatingacademy.com/how-a-low-carb-diet-affected-my-athletic-performance

BeeRunB

Hi SHondek,

Congrats on a successful experiment. Since November, I've actually been doing the same thing, with adjustments lately--no longer in ketosis (50g carb and below), but very high-fat and low-carb still--below 100g. After the expected nosedive in aerobic speed (I dove the furthest I ever have--awful), it turned around, and it's been a success so far as well, and will be posting about it as soon as I can get to it. I'll also read the article and let you know what I think. You can get the gist of it looking at my MAF test page.

Love the mental energy. Productive like ants taking down a sugar cube.

WTG, Shondek!

--JimmyCool

Shondek

Hi SHondek,

Congrats on a successful experiment. Since November, I've actually been doing the same thing, with adjustments lately--no longer in ketosis (50g carb and below), but very high-fat and low-carb still--below 100g. After the expected nosedive in aerobic speed (I dove the furthest I ever have--awful), it turned around, and it's been a success so far as well, and will be posting about it as soon as I can get to it. I'll also read the article and let you know what I think. You can get the gist of it looking at my MAF test page.

Love the mental energy. Productive like ants taking down a sugar cube.

WTG, Shondek!

--JimmyCool

Glad you are giving it a bash Jimmy ..seems like the next logical step if we are trying to utilise fat.Looking at your data I do see regression but I dont think that's the whole story ..did you not find endurance improved which is what it is all about .Aerobic speed comes to those who wait Smile..it's good to be back .