Marathon Training and Discussions

LA Marathon 2011 (Read 538 times)

gohmdoree

I was thinking of signing up for the LA Marathon in 2011 for my first.  By any chance there any coupons?  Kind of steep I think.

All business

"heartla" used to save me 15 dollars, though doesn't appar to do so this year.

This was a good course, but no marathon (in my opinion) is worth a $156 entry fee.  LA is definitly overrated

"What are you afraid of, failure? So am I. "

-Shatner 

Queen of 3rd Place

Geez! That's spendy!

The new course was good. I was surprised at the crowd support. Everything else about the race was pretty much botched: horrible expo, disastrous shuttle service, delayed start, porta-pot snafus...I could go on. You might want to give them a couple years to see if they can sort it all out before forking over that kind of cash.

Ex runner

Hawt and sexy

Not that I would have to worry about it, but isn't this the marathon that couldn't pay it's winners for a year or two?

I'm touching your pants.

On On

I was thinking of signing up for the LA Marathon in 2011 for my first.  By any chance there any coupons?  Kind of steep I think.

You know there is a Marathon that same weekend in your home state.

Cheaper by a lot -

- no cross country flight

- no hotel

- cheaper registration

Just sayin... check out the NJ Ultra Festival

Queen of 3rd Place

Not that I would have to worry about it, but isn't this the marathon that couldn't pay it's winners for a year or two?

New owner (Frank McCourt, also the owner of the Dodgers) - it was Devine that had the problems paying up (I think there was even a rumor that the port-a-pot folks didn't get paid). 

Ex runner