Masters Running

Wed Apr 29 Runs and Workouts (Read 517 times)

Doug - I'll let you know if the new deer stuff works. My hostas are coming up, and I know those are deer candy to the nth degree. If it works for them, it'll work for anything. I have to keep spraying the new growth, but the rain is not supposed to be a problem. On the topic of men "helping around the house" (I second your distaste of that term, Holly), DH and I don't fight about it anymore. I've learned to pick my battles, and a clean house doesn't rate very high any more. We do essentially the same job for essentially the same paycheck, but I take care of the brunt of the "household" duties. He shovels snow and mows the lawn - and complains about both jobs. Speaking of hitting the toilet. We lived next to a divorcee with two teenaged boys when we resided in Colorado. I was talking with the divorcee's girlfriend one afternoon, and she told me the boys had "pissing wars" in the bathroom (ie. sprayed the walls, floor, etc). She was doing some house cleaning for them (stupid, stupid, stupid) but drew the line when it came to cleaning the boy's bathroom. I pity the poor gals who ended up with those guys.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

.....maybe not all the time, but when you vacuum a room and there is a cobweb on the ceiling light or at the doorframe visible to the naked eye? Confused ... grins, A
      SurprisedSurprised That should noted as the naked "female" eye (of course, if there were one of those around we'd most likely notice Evil grin ) It's a genetic mutation in the male that makes the obvious fade away and not notice things large and small that drive our DWs batty. Not proud of it, but I don't do it on purpose--please believe me Black eye

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

On house work matters.......Guilty as charged Roll eyes I do some.......Mainly on the nights I cook. I do a couple of loads of laundry about once a week.........doesn't even come close to what she does though. The kids.......I'm quite taken back by the conditions they are willing to live in.
        xor

Today I did a sightseeing run. I ran from the hospital/doctor's office to my gym to my post office to my house. 8.5ish miles with tons of hills. Pretty day here in Seattle. 50 degrees. I had fun, but the people at the hospital were wondering about my attire. We'll see if I do my other 4.5 miler in the afternoon.

Speaking of boys and pissing.....we installed one of those toilet seats that slowly descends, not that they ever put it down, but at least when I have to put it down I can give it a big angry push and no crash. Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

dg.

oh... I was resisting asking if any of you had experience with this one, but now I can't resist.... Sue it's your fault. (But I'll still come this weekend to help with your raised beds..... want my flight itinerary? you'll pick me up? Wink ) so from deers, to hitting the toilet.... we have at least 1 large raccoon around, & it's decided it likes my perennial border right along the back of the house. We have what they refer to as a "raccoon latrine." I've cleaned it up several times, I was a little slow in figuring out just what was going on. Tried essential oils, Ha. Then barriers etc, but it just moved down a bit. I'll clean it up again when I get home today, eeeww. Sorry.. I'm trying to avoid TMI here, but it can be sort of serious. I can't let Sadie back there right now. Next step, is ammonia soaked stuff all along there, but that will probably smell inside the house. Any ideas? I know this might be well over the limit for tolerable topics. please forgive me! Switch gears! Aamos..... how great for Dan. Congratulations to you both. And a high five to Pedey. Re meeting in Boston....I would have loved that so much. Maybe next year, some way. I hope all your naggyness is worked out!! Soon, but more importantly completely. Thanks for the information about compromised muscles... that is something I needed to hear. I just re-activated my pita. Doug... have a good trip. When do you see your doctor? It is not like you to need 2 days before a LR... I know you mentioned a grade change. But you motivated me a long time ago to do more days together, because it worked better for you. Nice runs, everybody. Tall... I'm sorry. That's awful. No run today. tomorrow I hope.
              TammyinGP

also thankful that both DH and DS are 'neat' when it comes to toilets and both put the seat down for momma Smile

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Speaking of boys and pissing.....we installed one of those toilet seats that slowly descends, not that they ever put it down, but at least when I have to put it down I can give it a big angry push and no crash. Smile
                  True story here...promise. I have two boys, and from a early age they HAD to sit down to pee...worked out very well....but I doubt they still do this (The only exception was in public bathrooms) And to this day, I always sit down to pee..except for public restrooms like I mentioned....toilet clean all the time this way Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

That should noted as the naked "female" eye (of course, if there were one of those around we'd most likely notice Evil grin ) It's a genetic mutation in the male that makes the obvious fade away and not notice things large and small that drive our DWs batty. Not proud of it, but I don't do it on purpose--please believe me Black eye
                    Oh, Kevin! My DH tries that one on me, too. Balderdash, I say! I'm convinced they just ignore it because a) they truly don't care and b) they know if they wait long enough, mom will take care of it because she just. can't. stand it. anymore! Ok, Sue makes me feel a little better. I believe my boys are sloppy and careless, but not to the point of intentional battles with the urine stream. I'm not sure I'll get a workout in today. But then again, after today's thread, I may not need to.
                    Slo

Tim Besides "Shaking Hands" you ruined the other answer to the question: What do Men do standing up, Women do sitting down and a dog do on three legs?

Marathon Maniac #3309

Except for this being Hump Day, why is Weds one of the greatest days of the week???
                        Hum, nobody tried to answer this....Weds is speedy track workout night, within a longish run. The night I am "allowed" to cut loose and get the ole HR pumping, and feel like a track star (in my own mind) Tongue Smile Seriously...Weds Rock TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

btw: just how many cat turds did you find Lou? Big grin
                          Pretty sure I did the upstairs poop (at least in the master bedroom) while PDR did the downstairs poop. I also think we were finding additional poop when we got back from Boston. Let me say again: ew Tight lipped

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Tim - My mother's spirit is applauding you re sitting down to pee. Big grin She demanded it from my father, unless he wanted to clean the toilet, and that's what my brother was taught to do, although who knows if he still does. The Hub does not, but I just refuse to clean the toilet. I'm not the one urinating all over the place. Re the rest of the house work - I go on strike and only do those things that seriously annoy me (a dirty kitchen) and my own laundry. The straw/camel thing was about a year or so ago when The Hub got mad at me 'cause he didn't have any clean underwear. Well, excuse me, but I don't wear your underwear. If you're getting low, do a frigging load of laundry (although I think I used a different word beginning with the letter "f"). Sue - Peeing wars. Inside the house?!? I hope that lady eventually ran like the wind away from that crew. Yuck! Lou - Cat turds - our old cat has a problem pooping due to failing kidneys. We find little bits here and there around the house. Yeah, fun stuff. Roll eyes Oh man, what a great thread today!! Big grin

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

lamerunner

Good afternoon. Seasonable 60 degrees and dry today; nice after the last couple of hot days. I ran 6.5 easy this morning. I am feeling more normal levesl of energy than last week, though there is a nagging irritation in my left hip flexor which I notice the first " normal" length run after Boston. There was some hip pain during part of the race which I had forgotten about. I have been kind of alternating elliptical and running, no reason to push it now. I had a hip issue a coupleof injuries ago, so it is good to be a bit careful. My back was sore the first few days but seems fine now. We are finally getting some baby leaves on the trees and a few brave flowers. I hope we get a real spring; sometimes we get teased then it returns to perisitent cool and wet until July.... Happy running or ellipticizing to all!
                              lamerunner

P.S> On the cleaning, my DH is a neat freak, to the point of OCD. Things get moved around, tucked away and become hard to find. I am fairly tidy and all, but there are four of us plus friends etc, and three cats. There is on ly so much you can do and still get to work. ( and run etc) I pick up a lot too... kids are oblivious. On cleanliness, however, he is nearly oblivious. especially with the bathroom... my teeange DD seems to have a clothing filing system featuring the floor. We are seriously considering making her do her own landry and confiscating things which are not put away in a reasonable amount of time.