Masters Running

Thursday runs (Read 522 times)

I am going to fit a 3-5 miler in sometime today.  I didn't get a chance to post yesterday 3 miles and 1.1 hours of weight work, 7 sets on bench press topping out at 200 pounds.  People are starting to notice I am losing weight, yes yes, Yes.  I should be reasonably ready for the warrior dash in July.  If you haven't seen this web site, check it out, it looks cool.  New couch comes this afternoon and I am going setup appt. with roofer today, so their will be no more leaks at MD's house.  Run well and often.

Marathon Maniac #957

Derrick - glad that your hard work is paying off!

No run for me today, given my 50K on Saturday.  30 minutes of misc. upper and core work this morning instead.

Happy Thursday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

4 miles running.  4 minutes at the gym (I exaggerate a little, but not much.) And my hands are numb from the cold. Shocked  49° outside.  A few weeks ago that would have felt like a heat wave and today it makes my hands cold. Undecided

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh, what beautiful morning for a run! First 2.5 miles were with Brinkley...no cat fartleks today, just the two of us in the cool 48 degree morning. Then home to feed the puppies and back out with B'Nelliefor another 2.5 miles. My miles were 10:14, 10:14, 10:13, 9:47 and....drumroll please....8:56!!!! WooHoo!!! Before work, I am heading to the dermatologist to see if the procedures they did were successful or not.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Another 50K Holly?  You are one tough cookie.

Here's hoping Nancy and Erika have fun this weekend.  (As if they wouldn't ...)

6.1 easy-paced, untimed miles, due to the Garmin running out of power.  I must have left it on yesterday after uploading my run.  74° and 50% at 5:30 AM.  Still dry.  Our rainy season is taking it's time getting started this year.  (No complaints there!)

Where is DG and MS?

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

I wasn't sure what this mornings run would have in store after least nights slug fest. My legs felt like wet noodles.

I'm happy to report though, that this mornings run was about par. A nice evenly paced 6 miler.

We got our Sadie shaved for the summer. It always takes me a few days to get used to seeing her with a buzz cut but it has to feel better for her. She's a collie mix and has that thick under coat. Shaving her also means we don't have to pick up globs of hair all summer long.

DS's graduation open house on Sunday...I spent the night cleaning the garage. It's organized again! That ought to last until at least Monday.

...rest day..........

=======

did 6-days in a row

of work-out,

3 of them runs,

but

that 2/12 hours in 96-degrees did me in

and not a V-8 in sight.

............why do we have to ReLearn this stuff every year?????

I'm

beginning

to suspect I'm not that Bright

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

HermosaBoy

Morning all!

Nice morning temp wise, but a little rain and a little humidity kept it from being great.  4.1 chasing other runner miles with Miss Rosie.  Seemed like everytime we turned a corner she would see another runner and then the game was on.  Glad I held her back a little bit...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Tramps

Congrats on the progress, Derrick.

Holly’s gone over to the dark side.  70-mile week last week; another 50K this weekend…!  Wink

Dave—49F?  I wish!  That sounds wonderful.

Slo—our very old black lab mix has an amazingly thick fur coat and in May it starts to come off in big chunks.  She looks like a bison molting!  (She and her partner are outside dogs but they got brought in this week during the day.  110F heat index here yesterday. Yuck.)

Tom—96F?!  Too hot to run.

Warm but much drier here today.  Felt quite comfortable and my 10-miler was about 50-seconds faster per mile than Tuesday’s.

Be safe. Be kind.

Tornadoes whipped through here yesterday afternoon and evening---scary stuff and tore up a good portion of Springfield, West Springfield, Monson, and Westfield (stumpy…everyone okay with your family there?). Super granny is visiting one of my aunts in Brooklyn and boy oh boy

I am grateful for that as her street was one of the most damaged. Her assisted living facility emerged okay, but the destruction right around it is devastating.

Turning on the weather channel and seeing my town as the lead story was a bit freaky I’ll say. I half expected Jim Cantore to be broadcasting from our yard!

http://www.boston.com/news/weather/gallery/severe_weather_in_mass/?p1=News_links

Today is clear and as if the sky was scrubbed clean. Still very windy.

Ran 4 easy miles this morning and will head to group track practice tonight for repeat 600s and hills.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Too bad I missed National Barefoot Day yesterday but at least I had made up for it by timing my May Day run last month as the barefoot gang celebrated National Barefoot Running Day.
                        I never thought I’d say this to anyone but I need to warn Mariposai not to dilly dally along the scenic shores

of Yaquina Bay Quays and get distracted at the all-you-can-eat-oyster table at mile 11 and on the way back

in this weekend's Newport Marathon at mile 17.  There’s plenty where they came from afterwards! 
                        Mikemp and Erika - ignore this post.

ps - I hope francesca didn’t get lost in the 100K over the Dolomites last week in Italy.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

My bag is packed, ready to go!!!!

Baking some twocat soda bread for race day treat.

On to work for half day then on the road towards Newport tomorrow.

Looking forward to the marathon but much more so to masters gathering. I heard that Winejunky, the Canadian, WoodsLady, Mike and Sue will be there to help me and my DH welcome Erika to Oregon!

I will have very little online time until my return on Monday. You kids behave!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I'm

beginning

to suspect I'm not that Bright

Big grin

I was wondering if the tornado touchdowns were near you, Karin. Glad you came through it okay and Supergranny was safe.

Nice fartleks with Miss Rosie this morning, Hermosa!

Safe travels, Mariposai. Now, you girls (and boys) behave yourselves this weekend.

It's great that people are commenting on your weight loss, Derrick. Keep up the good work.

Good morning Slo! What's on the menu for the graduation party?

Dave and Mary - the weather is great here too. 48° when I took off this morning. If we could just get the wind to die down, it would be a perfect day.

A two-mile walk for me this morning at a peppy 15:01 pace. That's as far as the doc will allow me to go in one stretch, but I can do it twice a day. So twice a day it shall be until I go in for my checkup a week from tomorrow. But someone needs to hit me over the head with a hammer to remind me I'm not running and can't eat like I used to ......

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

So happy you checking in Karin - I was wondering how close the tornados were to you.   Scary stuff and I'm happy Super Granny was not around at the time.  

{{{Jlynn}}} put down the donut!  Smile

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Good morning Slo! What's on the menu for the graduation party?

2 roasters of juicy pulled pork. One seasoned, one BBQ. Baked beans, Moms awesome tater salad and what ever my sisters show up with.