Masters Running

Wednesday, April 20th runs (or not) (Read 542 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good morning all,

Nice to read an Econo posting yeserday - glad to hear that Ben is coming along.  Good vibes headed his way.

Nono - sorry we didn't meet at Boston - there will be other races, I'm sure.

This morning - fizzy lifting and spinnerooni.  Legs are feeling pretty good right now.

Time to start planning for what's next - I do turn 50 this fall...I'll have to think of something to commemorate the half-century mark.

Any suggestions?

Yes, great to hear from Econo

PBJ—new age group; sweet!  50K or 50-miler seem like the obvious choices!

Forecast is for the 90s today.  Already warm temps (upper 60s and humid) kicked my butt this morning.  I bailed on a planned 5-mile tempo and turned it into a 2x2 tempo (7:19) with a short walk between.   7 miles total.  Whew!

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

PBJ - you could go skydiving.  Smile

So happy to read that Ben is recovering and it is so great that he ran a 5K!   

{{{NoNo}}} so sorry you had to stand in the cold for 2 hours.    Anxious to read your race report.

Uh-Oh, Tet has started writing sekrit messages backwards.   

Nothing for me this morning.   I was up late with Hailey while storms went through the area.   I didn't want to risk her trying to jump up on our bed during the storms, so we bonded and shared some saltine crackers.     Still rainy and very windy this morning, so an unscheduled rest day works out perfectly.    Now, if I can just figure out a way to take a nap at my desk today .....

Happy Hump Day!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Dave59

I'm stuck in meetings at 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 1:00, and 2:00 so I decided to hit the gym early and hard.  I ran a couple treadmill miles, and then a longer than usual (for me) time with weights and the elliptical.  That should hold me through the day.  I'm good and tired.  It gives me more patience to put up with the rest of the stuff.

A bunch of people at the gym are doing a 5k on Saturday (and I am as well.)  Someone said that a bunch of the course is under water.  It'll be interesting to see what they do.  This is a big local event. 

Slo

Tramps has temps in the 90's (nice run BTW) and I ran in temps 1 deg above freezing. 5 recovery paced miles this morning after doing 50 mins of hill repeats early yesterday evening. This is the only day this week we do not have rain forecasted.

Econo, Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray.

Happy Hump day...Who all gets or is taking a 3 day weekend ?

HermosaBoy

4.15 miles with Miss Rosie in WET SNOW!  WTF?  I thought today was April 20?

Stop the Insanity -- Winter is supposed to be over!

OK, I will calm down now.

Hope everyone has a GRETA day!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Renee the dog

{{{NoNo}}} so sorry you had to stand in the cold for 2 hours.    Anxious to read your race report.

Oh, they were stuck for 2 hrs.  I was not. I froze for about 45 min before walking across town. Wink 

Report has been started. I want to get the highlights and lowlights, without it being 12 chapters!  I need Twocat's editor...

Have great runs today all!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

PBJ – what Tramps said…

Tramps – 90’s?  Already?  We’ll be back in the 30’s tonight here…

Nono - I hate freezing at the end of a race, though...after one particularly long and cold wait after the Flying Pig once, I now pack a warm coat in my drop bag, just in case.

Lots of storms moving through here, too, and last night the house shook with the power of them.  DH’s track meet last night was cancelled (whew!), although he has another one tonight. 

The forecast right now for my Saturday race is for continued thunderstorms and temps in the 50’s and 60’s.  They may be switching to a back-up route due to flooding, so I have no idea what the day will be like.  Should be a mudfest. 

5 easy-paced miles on the TM (10:20).  In spite of the fact that I’m running very little, my legs feel slow and sluggish.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jlynne

Forecast is for the 90s today.  Already warm temps (upper 60s and humid) kicked my butt this morning. 

We got 9 1/2 inches of snow yesterday. Flurries predicted for today with a high of 37°. This is April? *&#$@*^ weather!

Saltine crackers Mary? Is the expectant mother still dealing with morning sickness?  Did you get rain or snow with the storm?

PBJ - have fun in the 50's! I'll be headed to the sixties decade soon. Not so sure I'm ready for that...

Cross-trained helping DH do the drive this morning and will get to the Y later. Little Will passed his annual heart echo test with flying colors yesterday, but the doctor says he needs to gain some weight. Grandma has cookies Big grin

Marathon Maniac #957

Little Will passed his annual heart echo test with flying colors yesterday, but the doctor says he needs to gain some weight. Grandma has cookies Big grin

Yay!!  Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Good morning. Happy Hump day. Cool and dreary here too; no snow but there are forecasts for snow up north.  Just a  little.

Probably  no run today either but likely a swim and maybe pool run.

Happy running... and recovering

lamerunner

P.S. Great to hear from Econo and glad to hear Ben's progress.  I hope the memory issues improve soon too.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Time to start planning for what's next - I do turn 50 this fall...I'll have to think of something to commemorate the half-century mark.

Any suggestions?

Well, I'm planning a massage party for myself and the ladies for my 49th in two weeks. Smile

Can't believe all this crazy weather everyone's having! It's nasty and wet here, just changed into long pants for my run, heading out in a little bit.

Yes, good to hear a Ben update.

I just signed up for a 15k that's at the end of the month. I think that'll be a nice distance for me, considering I really liked the half vs the 5k.

Feeling the Wednesday blahs here... hopefully a nice run by myself will clear that up pronto! Have a great day all.

Mariposai

No three day weekend for me, but I will have the honor of cooking Easter dinner for 13 people, plus 2 little boys. I may even venture to have some egg hunt for them, we haven't have one since my youngest boy was around 10. Time to start planning the menu.

Tramps, I am wondering what kind of humidity you will have to put up with with that 90F.

hermosaboy, snow in CA? were are you located?

Jlynne, great news about Will. I really like your new avatar, btw.

PBJ, what about organizing a RA masters gathering Cool

Econo, your sighting made us all smile. BTW, where is Woods Lady? I have been missing her postings.

Well, after a very, very productive work day at home yesterday I went out for a very slow 3 miles run. Then DH and I went to gym, he ran while I tended to the core and played with some weights. Legs are still tired, it will be interesting to see how my MLR goes today.

After dinner I decided to plant one or two things out of my garden basket. The rest will go down to the ground as weather permits.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Grey and overcast here now and more rain later---no snow though. Sorry about that! Plenty of snow in May and June though while growing up in Syracuse and also several years ago here on Mr. CNYrunner's law school graduation in June. Take heart---it will melt some day and be a memory.

3.75 mile walk in the park---adding one more loop. I might run tomorrow or not, we'll see.

Oh that's awful that you had to wait that long after the race Nonoruns! Sounds like the year my mother decided to find me at the finish of the NYC marathon and took a wrong turn. Three hours later we found her clear on the other side of Central Park and I was in complete tin soldier shape...or maybe rusty Tinman...could. not. move.

Glad you stopped in Econo. I think of {{{{{{you and Ben}}}}}}} and this journey you are on all the time. 

A few seconds of Ryan Hall at 13.2 to get your adrenaline flowing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwK_eggTrfk&feature=youtu.be&hd=1