Masters Running

Hi! (Read 340 times)

Hey guys! Just thought I'd peek in and say "hi!" I've missed chatting with you all, but I've been banned from running for a bit - Doc's orders, bad knees (he says I have "unusual" kneecaps). I hope you're all doing great, and wish you the best in your running, and in other stuff as well. Keep smiling! Big grin
    "I think I can, I think I can..."

Marathon Maniac #957

Lil Engine - Hello! It's good to hear from you. Bummer about your knees, though. Are you allowed to do other x-training options?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Lil Engine!!!!!!!! Sweet. How long is the ban for???? You've been missed.

SteveP

I'm sorry to hear about your ban, LilE, but glad to hear from you. We'd like to hear from you even if you're not running. TomS
            Hi Lil Engine. Good to hear from you....post more often....no running necessary. Tet and Ribs have been talking up walking as a great alternative to running. Are you ok with walking? My wife and I used to walk everyday and had the funnest times. Ribs has mentioned just a day or two ago about his desire for more posts on walking.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              ...good to hear from you Lil//.......some of us have been hanging out at KR, but lurk over here too...... ............start back Easy, ok??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

nowor

Greta to hear from you. How are MM and Turbo...ahh can't finish that one but maybe he has a new nickname. He's taller than you right? We miss you and your upbeat chugging!
                  Nice to hear from you,,,,hope the knee gets better...
                  HermosaBoy

I was just wondering where you disappeared to. Hope all is well other than your "funky" kneecaps! Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

wildchild

Carolyn

Hi! We've missed you! We need another Colorado boomer goddess on the site - there are 3 of us, and you make 4.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

The spirit of the Lil Engine will get you through this ban time. Good to see you posting. Please come back and post more often.
                        Vista
                        btb1490

The doctor may have banned you from running, but who banned you from posting? Now that your keyboard is warmed up, keep at it! Hope all the kinks get worked out sooner rather than later. Thanks for the update, and please stick around!
                          coastwalker

Hi Lil'E, Welcome back! Sorry to learn about your "unusual" knees. Are you allowed to walk? Several people on the forum are discovering (in some cases, because they have no choice...) the joys or walking in races. Maybe you'd like to join in? Regardless, it's good to have you back. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

evanflein

Hi Lil' Engine! Sorry to have missed you when I was in Denver in December, but did get to have lunch with Seemomgo. Hope you can still do something, and yes walking is great, as is pool running... What sort of unusual knees have you been blessed with? Please stay in touch and post even if you're not running!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey lil, lil, lil, yay, yay, yay. I just walked my first marathon last week and have been looking for someone for the next one!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)