Masters Running

March 6 Fridays Follies (Read 461 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Interstingly, among other things, Flax seed oil may help to alleviate hot flashes in menopausal women. I'm beginning to think it might be good to take both.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hi everyone! Foggy and 40s here. Busy at work, and then on top of it, we have to clean off our floors as the carpets are being cleaned this weekend. We got about 24 hours notice. As Tammy will attest, most PDs use their floors for storing their files to be closed....not a high priority until the boss sends around "The Memo" about close your cases or we lose a secretary (kinda like the bus driver on South Park threatening the kids to shut up and sit down or she'll shoot the bunny she keeps in a little cage near the steering wheel). Argh. I'm still taking a break and resting various little strains....it's nice that the Y installed individual TVs on the ellipticals. Here's the latest update from Kevin, thanks for your interest: Crissy continues to do something a little bit different every day. Two folks from occupational therapy came by today. They got Crissy to sit up on the edge of the bed with her feet on the floor. Crissy was rocking back and forth on her own, and moving from side to side also. I sat down next to her and started scratching her back (which she loves) and talking to her, and she turned her head towards me. She really doesn't focus her eyes on anything yet, but it sure appeared that she was responding to my voice. Later, she reached up to her face and, in what could only be described as slow motion, she scratched her nose. I rejoice at every little new thing she does. Another one of Crissy's favorite Christian music artists is a band called Casting Crowns. They have a song entitled "Lifesong" which tells us that everything we do should be done as if we were doing it for the Lord. See Colossians 3:17. Some of the lyrics from the song go like this: "May the words I say, and the things I do, make my lifesong sing, bring a smile to You ... I want to sign Your name to the end of this day, knowing that my heart was true. Let my lifesong sing to You." I don't know many people who have a lifesong as beautiful as Crissy's. Please continue to pray for her progress, and thanks for all of your comments. Love, Kevin grins, A
      Masters 2000 miles
        Thanks, Slo. I'm terrible about taking any kind of supplement on a regular basis, even calcium. My doctor just shakes her head. Blush

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Holly - we might have eggs, but it would have to be an immaculate conception to have baby turkeys as our hen has no gentlemen friends. She has no fear of people and seems to be a bit lonely. She gravitates towards the Canada geese when they fly in for a visit.
          I vote for getting the Little Miss Turkey a friend! Smile

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Henrun

16 along the Charles-high 40's-shorts. Boston Mar. is getting closer and closerSmile.
              Amy - I didn't see your post. That's fantastic news about your friend. Love the lyrics, as well. And who knew that a good ole nose scratching could bring such pleasure to another person. Smile

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Aamos..... Smile 3 miles today with DW. 75F Along with the fish supplements I take a teaspoon of tartar sauce or sometimes cocktail sauce. Then when I get the fish burps, they don't taste so bad. Clowning around Here’s my story it’s sad but true It’s about a girl that I once knew She took my love then ran around With every single guy in town. Hayp hayp (just the guys) Bumda hady hady, hayp hayp (now the ladies) Bumda hady hady, hayp hayp (OK, now everbody) Bumda hady hady hayp. I should have known it from the very start, This girl will leave me with a broken heart. Now listen people what I'm telling you A-keep away from-a Runaround Sue.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                PJH

Didn't get a chance to post the last couple of days ... work got in the way. Managed 6.3 mi ... 60 mins ... 9:36 pace ... 149 hr yesterday ... no run planned for today. I did have another ultrasound today ... get the results back next week. Holly - I used to play a lot of pool in my teenage years. I used to frequent the local pool hall which were always quite busy (you actually had to wait for tables). We played 'snooker' on oversized tables and usually played 'table stakes' where the loser would pay. I was actually quite good and managed to play 'free' a lot of the time. I certainly couldn't have played as much as I did otherwise. One time I recall playing this guy on a Friday afternoon and it came down to black ball in the seventh and deciding game. I sunk it ... what a great feeling! That meant he had to pay for the 2 hours of pool we had just completed. Unfortunately, he renegned on our deal and I ended up having to pay my share. He was a lot older and bigger than I was and there wasn't much I could do about it at the time. I'm sure if I had pulled that stunt he would have picked a fight. Some nice running everyone! Some nice gym workouts too! Might fire up the barbeque again tonight. PJ

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

not that I would want to brag or make timbik jealous or anything like that but, back before I found out that ultras are as much fun and less complicated/expensive than Ironmans, a certain Ironman I'm in love with revealed her breathing and stroking to me follows: Sometimes just to break up the boredom, I breath bilaterally every five strokes, and sometimes six or seven. Otherwise, I practice not breathing for as many strokes as possible. I am now as comfortable breathing on my left side as my right (although during a race, the faster pace and higher heart rate necessitate breathing on every stroke, mostly on my right side unless for orienting purposes it is not helpful).

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

lots of great info here today!! i need to get better about my vitamins and supplements too!! what exactly is bilateral breathing? do you switch sides you breathe on every few strokes? i did 10 lengths of the pool yesterday x 4 sets -- any of you tri athletes want to help me with the lingo -- it's a 25 yard pool so i counted each length as one -- should i be counting up and back? the first tri i want to do is a 250yard pool swim ........ also did some sets of just legs holding on to a kickboard and a few sets of breaststroke today -- 5.3 miles on the treadmill using my 5 min walk/5 min run plan -- 6 sets then some core work and stretching should have run outside today but promised a friend i'd take her to the gym and she walked on the treadmill next to me to talk for awhile ..........then we went for a manicure and pedicure .........ahhhhhhhhh -- i treated her because she's helping get some stuff done in my house -- she's a good friend!! Aamos - thanks for the update - i'll keep them in my prayers!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

Amy, thanks for the update. Kevin sounds so upbeat and it's cool that he's noticing all the little things. Sounds like Crissy still has a ways to go so I'll keep running miles for her. Today's a rest day for me, as my legs are tired and my runs have been sluggish lately. So of course, by Murphy's Law, it's nice out today, and is supposed to snow all weekend.Sad

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

When your last name is Dimucci, you are excused for opting for a one word name. Evry knows his oldies. When I took my first job in TX after moving here, I found that one of our accounting clerks was named Donna. Every time she walked by my office I sang Dion's song, "Donna, Donna, the prima donna, broke my heart, we're apart..." She was old enough to remember the song and just loved this "serenade." My colleagues never understood why I got my expense checks so fast. Keep 'em coming evry. You and I and about 4 other people are the only ones here who know these tunes. Spareribs

I Can Go The Distance

You and I and about 4 other people are the only ones here who know these tunes.
                            I guess I would be one of the four. Big grin Speaking of Donna songs how about this one: Oh, Donna, oh, Donna Oh, Donna, oh, Donna I had a girl, Donna was her name Since she left me I've never been the same 'Cause I love my girl Donna, where can you be? Where can you be? Now that you're gone, I'm left all alone All by myself to wander and roam 'Cause I love my girl Donna, where can you be? Where can you be? Well, darlin', now that you're gone I don't know what I'll do 'Cause I had all my love for you I had a girl, Donna was her name Since she left me I've never been the same 'Cause I love my girl Donna, where can you be? Where can you be? Oh, Donna, oh, Donna Oh, Donna, oh, Donna It's a shame Richie Valens' life was cut so short. Feb. 3rd marked the 50th year since his death in a plane crash at the age of 17. Buddy Holly and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson were also killed in that crash. It truly was "the day the music died." Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

xor

I don't feel like adding any lyrics, but I am required to state that my stepmom went to Lubbock High School with Buddy Holly. Ok then.

Mariposai

flax seed oil.......hummm something to remember. 5 easy miles in the sunshine. Thinking of Erika and her bad weather. Have a great weekend you all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard