Masters Running

2's Day 3/10 Stormy Weather Runs and Suchh (Read 541 times)

Ribs-living in fairly close proximity to Buffalo I got the reference. TimBo, get your popcorn ready!
    Slo

Ribs-living in fairly close proximity to Buffalo I got the reference. TimBo, get your popcorn ready!
      Ohhhh......Now I get it !

Marathon Maniac #957

Ohhhh......Now I get it !
        Still lost on this one..... Confused

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

xor

SRL... how about yours?
          He's dealing with several pulmonary embolisms and blood clots in his legs, so they put him on Coumadin to thin his blood. So he's very concerned that he'll stub his toe or get a paper cut and bleed a lot. Other than that, he's doing ok. One or more of the kids are staying with him at all times. My step-mom is there too. My shift starts next week for awhile. Which means I won't be here taking care of my dog, who also needs some help still.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

41 degrees and little wind!! Running outside, in a straight line! Life is good. I ran 6.6 slow miles, on a beautiful road not far from my house. The snow from yesterday was melted on that street, unlike our shady one. I'm psyched! Smile

Marathon Maniac #3309

Holly, I think our highly intelligent intellect keeps us from "getting it" Ok.... Confused TimbO

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Slo

Still lost on this one..... Confused
                T.O........Owens.......Buffalo 'cause Dallas is tired of his &^%$. Some people REALLY can't be coached.
                TammyinGP

I'm impressed . . . even I got the TO reference Big grin . .. but then we are football fans at our house. speaking of football . . . my husband returned from March Meet (drag racing event) down in California. One of the vendors down there that has become a good friend of my husbands, is a guy that sells football and baseball cards. Well, for Christmas, this guy "Dave" sent our son a box of football cards - 550 of them. Plus, last year, my husband brought back a few hundred football cards for our son also. Well, this year, Dave really went overboard. He gave our son well over 2500 football cards. And he said he's putting together another batch for him and will mail them. Some of them have a value upwards of $15 each and we even found a few rarities in the batch that were marked at $25 each. A lot of "older ones" in there, that our son doesn't recognize, but we sure do! Even a few of Singleterry back in the day - all kinds of cards from some of the older 'greats'. Our son is quite meticulous about how he's organizing them too. Slightly OCD . . . sounds familiar Roll eyes

Tammy

#artbydmcbride

Srlopez, good luck to you and your dad. And to little Tobias too. BCMorant, I hope to meet up with you at the race also. I will hang out around the packet pick up tables. I am out shopping for green shorts too. Smile

Runners run

Holly - The Saturday runs will go up in 2-mile increments, if I remember correctly, then Sundays runs will eventually be 10 miles in length. The goal at the end of all this is to complete my 50k trail runs without being DFL and dead every time. Roll eyes And (I can't believe I'm speaking this out loud) if all goes well this year, I would really like to challenge myself next year (or the next) with a 50 miler. Ack! Shocked

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I see you are already trying to squeeze me on this. If you look at the handle "TimbO", make careful note of the first and last letters. Some people are just not coachable! Spareribs
                        This is so cool! I actually "got" a football reference. Former Phil-del-fya Iggle, right? Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Well, the football reference is all still lost on me, but that's fine. Whatever. Landed in Seattle around 11:20 this morning (WA time) and there was snow out there! WTF? Just gotta keep heading south, I guess. Can't get away from that stuff. Just talked to DH and he's boarding his flight now in Pittsburgh to meet up with me at my conference in Vegas. Should be fun, they're having some events for guests/spouses too and we hardly ever (if ever) have our trips line up like this. Between my sessions and having him there, I'm not sure how much running I'll get done this week... need to try to get him out there anyway so this could be interesting! I can see how skiing would take it out of your running legs, if you weren't used to it. Amazing how Byll was able to just pick it right up again... I'd be more like PDR I think. Tim, the "get back on the horse" approach is important, physically as well as mentally. When I crashed on my long run two Sunday's ago, I just knew I had to try it again this past Sunday. That "do over" run worked out pretty well, and I was able to run last night over 6 with no problem. This running stuff is a funny thing.

King of PhotoShop

I'm kidding you Tim. You have nothing on Terrell Owens. But I am sure going to call you T.O. the next time I catch you doing something crazy. Spareribs
                              T.O........Owens.......Buffalo 'cause Dallas is tired of his &^%$. Some people REALLY can't be coached.
                              I got it....but the uncoachable have been on my mind lately. Didja see who the Celtics signed? And the Globe recently had an article on Manny's condo going on the market. Ribs, do tell us the # when you get it. Did you get to tell Bar and Robin the secret password now that they're in the club? Nono, very nice photo, thanks for that. Robert, wishing your dad all the best. He'll love spending time with you. (sorry for your doggers, tho). Boring me, more elli[ptical, except DH was at the gym running on the treadmill (his office was closed today, due to weather, but not mine) so that was nice. And he cleaned off my car, warmed it up AND drove me to work this am. grins, A for those interested in a Crissy & Kevin update, here's the latest: MONDAY, MARCH 09, 2009 08:45 PM, CDT I (sort of) got to dance with my wife today. The physical therapy people, who are among my favorites in the world right now, came by and got Crissy sitting on the edge of the bed, as they have been doing for about a week now. She was putting weight on her feet, so they decided to have her stand. The three of us stood next to her so she wouldn't fall, but for the most part she stood on her own. She started to move side to side, so we turned up the music and I put my arms around her, and we swayed back and forth for a while. It was wonderful! Crissy has been making some sounds the last few days, and it appears as if she is trying to form words with her mouth. Since she has the tracheostomy in her throat, some of the noise comes out of there and some out of her mouth. The noises she makes don't make any sense, but I think it's another small sign of progress. Your support and prayers have been overwhelming. Thanks so much. Your faith is inspiring. Love, Kevin
                              Masters 2000 miles
                              evanflein

Aamos, thanks for that. Very touching. I hope she continues to progress and thanks for the updates. Hug your honey, everyone. Each day you can do that is a gift. Looking forward to hugging mine soon!