Masters Running

Boston Marathon planned gatherings - the sequel (Read 1122 times)

btb1490

Sure thing, she can have mine--maybe we can do the hand-off via CNY Runner, do we know when she is at the Expo (she's volunteering)--I could leave it with her and D could pick it up.
    CNY and I are both doing registration on Friday afternoon/evening. I'm not sure she'll be seeing Denise afterwards though, whereas I will. But if you want to give it to CNY instead of me, I guess she can just hand it to me after you give it to her. Wink MTA: thanks for doing this. And does this mean you won't be going to any of the gatherings? Sad
      We'd be happy to give up our pasta dinner tickets, since we've got alternate plans. We'll have them Saturday evening at Amanda's in Somerville. Maybe we should do a similar redistribution of dance party tickets if some folks won't be using theirs?

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

CNY and I are both doing registration on Friday afternoon/evening. I'm not sure she'll be seeing Denise afterwards though, whereas I will. But if you want to give it to CNY instead of me, I guess she can just hand it to me after you give it to her. Wink MTA: thanks for doing this. And does this mean you won't be going to any of the gatherings? Sad
        Great--I get in Friday, so maybe I can get to see you both! Let me know as it gets closer where you'll be. (Must get cootie to wear...) I can wear my screaming yellow Maniac jacket--it has "Maniac #130" on the front. I hope to meet up with y'all--I think the pasta dinner is a great deal (kids eat free) if you have kids; I don't, just a DH (guest ticket is $20) who has learned to appreciate pasta (I'm Italian). He makes very few demands, willingly acquieses to many accomodations brought on by running, drives me to lots of races, etc., etc. Anyway, after we went to the pasta dinner in '04, he did extract a promise that in light of all the fabulous eateries in Boston, I would never, ever subject him to that again. Hope to see folks at the trials--any thoughts on where y'all might end up afterwards? If I miss you Friday, I will bring my ticket to you at the trials (unless of course, the airlines mess me over and I get in really late Friday and miss the expo before the trials.)
        Masters 2000 miles
          you guys are great!! this will be fun!! Bob - we can walk or drive or whatever as long as we get to visit the North End I'm sure we will make a lot of people happy!!

denise

I have an extra dinner ticket that I can send off. I have been in contact with btb and will try to meet up with him on Saturday afternoon if possible. I can leave it with him for anybody that needs it.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Maniac 505

Everyone is going to have a blast in Boston. Last Year, I know Tim (WA5YOM) bought several family tickets. Don't know how many he might need, but he is another canidate. (I know he wouldn't ask for one, but if you truly aren't going to use your ticket, no reason to let it go to waste) FWIW Dave
                Hey folks, I am just reading this now and am happy to donate my ticket as well to anyone who needs one. I would love to join you, but going back and forth across the Pike all weekend won't work and I can't justify the expense of staying there since I live fairly close. I am glad that a group may meet at the pasta feed. It can be a blast. I also went with a group to the after party in 2001 and danced and danced and had a great time. I don't know yet what my specific task will require on Friday afternoon---as btb said---the 2-8 PM shift at registration. I won't be wearing my lucky orange cap, but you can see what I look like (sort of) in my profile picture---not my avatar! Short, blonde with glasses. I'll be happy to help and hadn't even thought of the dinner tix since I am not going. Just let me know what you need me to do! CNY
                TWEEK1

CNY! I don't even know your name! If I just stand in the expo and yell out "CNY!" will that work??!!

Marathon Maniac #957

So is Mass and Marlborough the chosen meeting place for Sunday morning? What time will people get there? How will we know each other? I may not recognize you when you’re more than an inch or two tall....Big grin I think DH and I will go to the official dinner under the big top on Sunday. That dinner sounds good because 1) it’s probably near our hotel, 2) the price is great, and 3) no worries about reservations - if we get there at 4:30, we can be assured of getting fed fairly quickly (i.e., no waiting until 9pm for a table). Plus the circus acts going on sound fun. I'm really not that picky about food. It'll be pasta, and I expect there will be garlic bread and salad, and as long as there is parmesan cheese I'll be fine. My concern on the night before the race is just that I get fed, and get fed pretty early, so I can digest well before bedtime, and not get stuck waiting for 3 hours for a table at a crowded restaurant. This is just one less thing I have to worry about. We can eat fancier places for other meals during our visit. PBJ – you and your family will be there about 4:30, right? That’s the time I’ll aim for. Deez4boyz – you have my cell #, and we can coordinate. You’ll be bringing BTB, right? Who else is up to meeting at the trough around that time? Again we have the problem of how will we know each other in the crowd. Any ideas?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

We were all going to wear cooties on our head!

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

sounds like a plan Holly - Bob and I will probably meet up earlier and do the North End thing i hope - i'll e-mail him my cell # too ......... i'm so excited for all of you to be here!! Big grin my dh was funny tho - i was telling him about these plans last night cuz i will actually end up being away from the house from thursday evening until monday night sometime between the church retreat and marathon events so i figured i better clue him in.........he says "do you know any of these people????" um well of course i do dear!! Wink

denise

btb1490

Let's see if we can start pulling this stuff together. So are we agreed, 4:30pm for the Sunday pre-race dinner at City Hall Plaza? Meeting place? I see there is a Starbucks right on the corner by the Government Center Metro stop. It has a big gold coffee pot hanging over the entry. We could meet there? Deez4boyz, where and what time do you want to meet for our jaunt to Mike's? Where will you park your car? We can meet at my place and take the metro from there if you want, then walk from the metro to Mike's. I'll leave these details up to you, and meet you wherever is convenient for you. Then after Mike's we can walk to our meeting spot for the pasta dinner. How does this sound? Holly, for the trials, if you get there early, you can meet at my place and grab some bagels and coffee and then we'll walk there , or meet us out on the course. I'm thinking we'll be out at our meeting spot between 7:45 and 8:00am. I'll send you an email with those details. As far as how to find us, I'll work on that I guess. Cell phones are great for that sort of thing though. I will be bringing a non-running guest to the pasta dinner, and would appreciate one of the spare dinner tickets please. Smile
                            HermosaBoy

I am going especially to watch hermosaboy watch the Trials! Embarrassed Blush
                              Now that will be exciting. Shy

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

evanflein

.....he says "do you know any of these people????" um well of course i do dear!! Wink
                                Sounds like something mine would do. We're going to dinner in the North End, so will miss the big pasta dinner at the race. And I don't think I could convince DH to go to the after party, unless just for a quick stop... But I DO want to meet up with folks at the trials, but we'll get there near the end of it (will be sleeping in and ... whatever). I'll look for a group with cooties. We are going to Amanda and Nate's on Saturday in Somerville... so looking forward to that, and not just for the chance to sample Lou's brews....!