Masters Running

Wednesday Aprill 6 Daily Show (Read 515 times)

Good morning folks.

I think yesterday's daily thread should have come with a health warning.  All that junk food!

IRC today with temps in the upper 30s.  We won't see too many of these any more.  My hamstring was feeling better today so I tested it with a couple of faster miles in the middle of a 7-mile easy run.  Felt pretty good.

Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Morning Tramps.  Nice run today!

We had one of those "won't see too many more of these days" today too.  65° this morning with a light breeze out of the NW after having been in the mid-70's predawn the past week or so.  Ahhhh.  Nice.  And the run showed it to.  8 miles easy with most of the miles in the 9:05 range.  Average HR 130.  Perfect easy run.  Didn't want to do anything stupid after running harder yesterday and probably tomorrow too.

I know DW bought some Potato Chips.  But I can't find them.  She must have hid them.  Must.search ...

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mike E

MM #5615

Good to hear your hamstring's feeling better, Tramps.  Do you have your next marathon set yet?

Dave59

Gym morning for me: elliptical and weights.

I was actually putting forth my latest snack food (chocolate fish crackers) as a healthy thing yesterday.  Lots better than my Reese's Cup addiction. 

Going the extra mile(s) yesterday did indeed lead to me breaking through the 200lb barrier.  It wasn't quite as exciting as I imagined it would be.  But then again, it was 5:00am.  Promised my granddaughter I'd make a pizza for lunch, so I may be back up over the mark by tomorrow.  (As usual, it will take a few days of fluctuations before moving down to the next number.)

Marathon Maniac #957

I know DW bought some Potato Chips.  But I can't find them.  She must have hid them.  Must.search ...

Big grin

6 slow and gentle miles for me today (ave 10:42) in a breezy 39°

The daffodils are up and the dogwoods and forsythia are exploding into bloom!  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

HermosaBoy

Bill

What kind of chips?  I may have to help you find them...

3.5 very CREAKY miles with Miss Rosie this morning.  The first mile was especially NON-SPROINKY!!!

9 miles this evening with the last 0.5 in my Vibrams.  Now to take it somewhat easy until the weekend.  Smile

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mike E

MM #5615

The daffodils are up and the dogwoods and forsythia are exploding into bloom!  

The dirty pile of snow at the end of my driveway is almost gone and the sump pump kicks on about every 5 minutes!  Yep--spring is here!

Good to hear your hamstring's feeling better, Tramps.  Do you have your next marathon set yet?

Yup, Richmond.  I've done this a few times and like it a lot--modest size, nice course, easy access for me.  I've had some bad luck with warm humid temps, though.  I'm due for a good year.

Ready for Sunday?

Be safe. Be kind.

..oh PLEASE let's not talk about SnackFood again

.......knocked off a bag of PopCorn last night

just to keep from eating something better....

========

......70s here........

............hiking today..........ohboyohboy

followed by poolrun

AND

..........Vacation

next week to my Favorite Place in TheWorld (besides Sedona)>>>>>>GulfShores

ohboyohboy

........I finally

get to work on

my Beach Running with Canes Technique

can it get better??

I think not

............................good running guys...............Think of Your Favorite Place in The Whole World

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Ready for Sunday?

Very good question.  You'd think after a few of these, I'd know.  A couple of weeks ago, I felt really ready.  This week...I just don't know.  Sometimes, I think I just start giving myself excuses just in case I do poorly.  I guess we'll see.

Richmond, huh?  That's in November?  It's nice to see somebody spacing out their marathons in a humanly manner. 

It's nice to see somebody spacing out their marathons in a humanly manner. 

You obviously haven't met Dove yet.  Big grin

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mike E

MM #5615

And don't take me wrong--I'm not ripping on anybody.  I'm just amazed at how far and how often some of these people are able to run--it just doesn't seem "humanly". 

lamerunner

Good morning. Still talking about food I see.   If some of you people quit starving yourselves you wouldn't have to talk about it so much...Wink

Leslie, sorry about yesterday and your foot. You might be better off and more comfortable in a boot. You would not need to use the crutches, could walk normally  and could remove it. The last big injury I had, I wore the boot for about a month, took it off to swim and bike, occasionally went for a walk with it on. Not ideal but way easier than crutches. And Mike E. is right; it is very hard to go through these injuries but you can indeed come back stronger.  Hang in there. ( and keep the crutches as weapons)

Pretty morning here, still cool but very sunny. I am getting seriously paranoid about the weather for Boston becuase it has been so cool for so long. Stupid really; I cannot do anything about it. 

I ran an easy 8 miles. . Legs are not as lively as I think they should be, but there is still time   I think this will be my 19th Boston, if I am counting right. I confess I miss the old simpler  days of 7000 runners, plus of course I was faster then. Boston  still draws me,  but I am not so sure about next year.   Tough time of year to train, and in a good snow year I really like to play in the snow... we shall see.

Happy Wednesday!

No daffodils here yet, but the crocuses (crocii?) are making an attempt.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning All!

Byll, the chips are up here at my house ..... I had some with my egg sandwich last night.   

In order to undo the chips, I ran 5 miles this morning in the rain.    Then on my way to work I picked up grapes and apples to snack on.       My new "healthy" addiction is the Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal.   I love the stuff!   I usually just munch on a bowl of it dry in the mornings.  YUM!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Yup, Richmond.  I've done this a few times and like it a lot--modest size, nice course, easy access for me.  I've had some bad luck with warm humid temps, though.  I'm due for a good year.

Ready for Sunday?

You know, I was actually thinking about Richmond myself. November 12, right? I'd heard it was relatively flat (not that I have any issue with hills, but still). Thinking, thinking....

Rest day today, from running, at least. Not sure what the day will bring, still in my PJs now.

Bah, scratch that. That weekend won't work, it's NJ Teacher's Convention, which means it's days off from school, a perfect time to take DD for prospective college interviews (she'll be a senior then). Oh well....