Masters Running

Stevie Ray's Breakers (RI) and Spokane Marathon reports (Read 149 times)

xor

Here is my report for the 10/18 Breakers (Rhode Island) Marathon. Mansions! The ocean! Lots of car traffic! There is my report for the 10/12 Spokane Marathon. Originally, this was going to be my rest weekend; I added this race at the last minute to honor a friend who recently died from leukemia, which coincidentally is something I am very VERY familiar with. Why Spokane? He was from Spokane. I ran the Spokane race in this shirt: Image and video hosting by TinyPic I ran the Breakers race in my more typical uniform: Image and video hosting by TinyPic Alright then.

Mariposai

Great race report...but greater yet is your love for your friends. Thanks for sharing with us the Spokane race. It really touched my heart. Leukemia was the culprit of my grandfather's death.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks SR. I was hoping you`d get to go up Doomsday as that`s where I ran into Jack last year in what was my 20th running with him too and after I`d wanted to do Bloomday ever since founder and former Olympian Don Kardong came up and talked to our running group in 1979. By coincidence, Jack and I ran exactly the same three events in 1990 but, of course, didn`t know each other then - Goodwill/Portland/Seattle. Makes me real grateful for the camaraderie of Marathon Maniacs. You too. I regreted not being able to go this year as I really wanted to help do the honors up Doomsday. Thanks for letting me know he wouldn`t`ve needed it. Somehow I`m not surprised.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

xor

Aw, thanks.

I always enjoy reading your reports. Thanks for sharing!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance