Masters Running

Monday workouts & runs - 7/11 (Read 563 times)

Maniac 505

Dave59 

Funny about the crank windows.  When I bought my Mustang (new in 1990) I found two dealers with two very similar cars.  I know the dealers are experts, they negotiate every day, and they WILL win.  but I still had to let each of them know that they had to SELL me the car,  one had power windows, the other had crank windows.  I let each of the dealers know that it was a perfect car EXCEPT I needed the convenience/simplicity of power/crank windows.   I ended up with the power windows and I think I got a good deal,  contrast this with my first car,  it had neither.  I had sliding plastic windows in a British sports car.

Robin

Great pictures of the flying kids yesterday,  Loved them

Hermosa

Heal quick.

(((((((((Jlynn))))))))))))

Happy anniversary, and post poor me messages whenever you need to,  that's why we are here.

Skip

welcome to RA  I love to hear about your ultras and a huge congrats to you and DS's recent race.

Mari

I'll see you and DS in less than two weeks.  does DS have any goals for this little run?

Breger

Please post what you have to say about wave runs.  to many of us, You are a speedster.

Craneium

I was just going to ask if that was Perth AS but I see Enke assumed it was Perth Onterio.  so I won't talk of my Australian adventures. but the area looks beautiful.

Tammy

Thanks for the pictures,  It looks like Jenn didn't wear her skivvies this time,  Darn!

Lame

Congrats on the Tri.  I talked a coworker into doing an olympic distance in a couple weeks (he had knee surgery a few months ago and says he will walk the 10k running portion.  I bet he runs some of it)  someday I might just get off the couch and do the same.

Me

10 mile run today,  my legs felt like lead.  I never got into a rhythm.  I have been slacking way too long (running 3 days a week, and very little big mileage)  it is really time for me to step things up.  I hope I can get motivated to do it.

And I have been a major lurker and occasional poster here.  I hope I can change that too.

Later.

Dave

Mariposai

Divechief!!! and why have you been a lurker???????/Cry bad boy!

Dear son has spent his week on vacation in San Francisco, his first "payed vacation", so he is having a blast and NO runs. So...no, he has no  plan but to finish the race and mamaPosie won't be there for him. Hoping that taperboy and you will lead him to the corral. Smile since mamaPosie wants to let the wings just run free Smile

Francesca, are you coming to the Light at the end of tunnel???

Enkie, I am counting on you to bring the champagne!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

It's always great to see Craneium!!

SteveP

I wanted to post last night after my run but we're a computer short right now.  It was an amazing, magical run!  8 miles on the roads around here and by the last mile, I had picked it up to 9:49 and was playing the air guitar on my water bottle.  It was like my run Saturday on the treadmill in terms of pacing but I was well hydrated this time, so instead of being nauseated at the end (and that was 11 mi.), I felt great!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

HermosaBoy

I wanted to post last night after my run but we're a computer short right now.  It was an amazing, magical run!  8 miles on the roads around here and by the last mile, I had picked it up to 9:49 and was playing the air guitar on my water bottle.  It was like my run Saturday on the treadmill in terms of pacing but I was well hydrated this time, so instead of being nauseated at the end (and that was 11 mi.), I felt great!

I always prefer great to nauseated!!!

5 total miles for me with 1 mile of 50/50 pick-ups.  Nice to throw in a little speed...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob