Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 01/08/2012 (Read 411 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

To the Disney folks.....arla, OM, and Joe..........good luck and enjoy!

Looking forward to hearing the stories.

Also what Ev said.  haven't even had much chance to lurk, much less catch up on everyone.

And Ev, the texas version of the 'Boys didn't look very impressive, but the OK ones certainly were.  In fact some of their supporters were so happy that they were buying my DD shots in the Phoenix airport during her layover on the way back to LA.  She said there were a couple of older guys that after detailed questioning,we determined were, ahem, about my age.  I get no respect.Roll eyes

Leslie--imagine the great release offers a few mixed feelings on your part.  I'm betting you'll whip Shorty back into shape pretty quick.  Good luck and I'm happy for you that this part is almost over.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

To the Disney folks.....arla, OM, and Joe..........good luck and enjoy!

Looking forward to hearing the stories.

Yes, that's it exactly.  Hope you kids have a great time!

Thanks for the quote Joe....yes, every day is a chance to start something new.

Leslie, are you sure your ortho isn't needing some additional income?  The stability ball in the doorway sounds like it might land you right back in his office.

Glad to see everyone is alive and kickin' in the new year!

Doing my best to quickly/safely ramp back up for the Carlsbad Half after the ankle and the crud.  So far so good, and going for 9 in the morning. 

Progress Trumps Pefection

And Ev, the texas version of the 'Boys didn't look very impressive, but the OK ones certainly were. 

Your right on both counts, Stumpy.  The 'Boys in orange (I guess they wore black for the bowl game) have a potent offense.  We all'd like to see the defense shored up a bit.  We took advantage of an unfortunate (for Stanford) event then put it away in OT. 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Carol!  I was wonderin' what had happened to you.  So the ankle's feeling better these days?  The crud is going around our office.  Ugh!  Keeping my fingers crossed I don't end up with it.  Our receptionist went home this morning looking very green and having issues with the south end of the intestines.

Stumpy - Yes, mixed feelings about Shorty's return, but I'm ready for him to be home.  It's not going to be easy, but then nothing worthwhile is, is it?  Smile

Rest day today.  It felt good.  Got my new training schedule, too.  After next week, it calls for "Intensive Endurance Intervals": Pick a 2-mile loop.  Mark a start point and a 1.5 mile point.  After a warm-up, run hard to the 1.5 mile point.  Recovery jog to the start and repeat.  He says, "This is HARD!  It is definitely uncomfortable and requires some concentration."  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I'm not sure I'm gonna like Intensive Endurance Intervals. Undecided

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Les.........those Intensive Endurance Intervals sound way cool.  Like a Yasso 800 only 3 times longer and much faster.  Fortunately for me, I stay away from anything that requires "running hard"!!!  I envy your strength, intense drive and determination.  and yes, the crud is going around here also.  I intend to stay healthy.

Carol....good luck in getting to Carlsbad.  When is the race?

4 easy miles for me yesterday evening. 

LMD's birthday is today.  We'll be celebrating all day.

You guys/ladies celebrate too....Enjoy!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Happy Birthday, LMD!!  Don't let Ev out-celebrate you. Cool

Hey Ev - You ever heard of these guys?  I saw 'em on CMT this morning for the first time.

Okay - I gotta get my butt out the door for a run.

Later, friends -

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Hi everyone from delightful Orlando! We just missed a cold front, it's chilly at the start (they want you there by about 4 am) but otherwise pretty close to IRCs here, fortunately! Today's HM went smoothly, and I FINALLY got to have my pic taken with Stitch, I'll gladly pay Brightroom for that one. Met a guy who was "Perfectly Goofy", which means he's done all seven Goofy's!

Resting up now for tomorrow, should be close to IRCs again although maybe a little warm and muggy in the later miles.

GOOD LUCK OM if you see this. Slow down and ENJOY, especially the Magic Kingdom. I wish I'd done that my first time here, but it's kind of overwhelming when it's your first. 

Joe, what a great place for your sis to have her first half! That Chip 'n' Dale relay medal is cute!

Everyone bring something warm like a trash bag or whatever. The bag check is very quick, you can wait until the last minute. 

Leslie - those 1.5 mi repeats sound a little like long tempo repeats? Although if you're running them as hard as you can that would be faster than tempo. Sorry to hear about your poor toe still hurting. 

Jim - Fresno's been pretty pleasant so if you're warmer than we are that's just doggone weird. 

Carol - did you start your swimming school? 

Hey Stumpy!! Older guys buying DD shots would have me on a warpath, but sounds like she can handle herself. 

ev - all-day b'day celebration sounds like it might interrupt the running for a day or two Wink

After a redeye on Thursday and only 4 hrs sleep last night it's time for a little nap...

Ex runner

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Woohoo Arla, way to go! If you see this before you nap, shoot me a text (don't think I have your number, but you should have mine).

Good luck Goofy Racers!!!!

I'm getting back into the groove.  Did 14 miles on the Elk River Trail in the Headwaters Forest Reserve this morning.  There's a really nice approximately .5 mile loop at the top that I did numerous times.  I always have the place to myself, which makes it even better.  Finished in 3:20 for a 14:20 overall pace.  Tomorrow it'll be 8 on the basically flat McKay Tract.

Today was my last Saturday visit at the jail.  Woo hoo!  Shorty: "Well, what if I don't get out 'til midnight Saturday?"  Me: "I don't care.  I'm not coming back here.  I'll see you at midnight."  Shorty: "Ooookay."  Monday or Tuesday we should have a better idea of when they're springing him.  'Bout time!  There's work that needs some doin' around here! Smile

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

BeeRunB

Progressive long run 2:00

35 miles for the week.Cool

Top 'O the World!

Fleet feet & fast times to the Goofy racers in FL in a few hrs!! May the temps & winds be gentle & there be cold beer at the end! More later..... Ciao!
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Top 'O the World!

Anybody on a real computer to stalk Joe & Arla? Daily peeps are keeping track of Esther (OM)
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

So anybody know any results?  It's 1:00 p.m. here on the West Coast, so I'm assuming everyone survived!

8 sort of lead-legged miles out at the McKay Tract this morning.  I'd feel good for awhile, then uuuuggh.  Then things would feel good, then down.  Oh well.  Got 'er done, and that's what matters.  Over 30 miles for me this week.  First time in over 9 months. Smile

Now I get to do housework.  Exciting!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hey Ev - You ever heard of these guys?  I saw 'em on CMT this morning for the first time.

No I've not......until now.  Thanks a bunch for this, Les.  I spent all morning youtubing these guys.  I really love this stuff!

Shorty home in a week.....sweet.

Way to go OM!!!!!  

jimmyb....there's some funny stuff in your comic strip. Smile

LMD and I celebrated her birthday yesterday.  It did cut into the Sat. run, but it was worth it.

6miles for me this afternoon.  45F and blustery.

Enjoy!

No I've not......until now.  Thanks a bunch for this, Les.  I spent all morning youtubing these guys.  I really love this stuff!

Smile

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance