Masters Running

FRIDAY Nov. 14 Runs - anybody? (Read 730 times)

Early run, late post, as we left right after my run and were gone all day. hopeful, nice picture of your dog. enke, I'm glad to hear your back finally feels good and am anxious to hear what the doctor said. Peter, congrats on the formal Boston acceptance. deez, happy birthday to your husband. henrun, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Marj is sure special. hallar, it's good to hear from you and to know you're back putting in the miles. Nice long runs for fatozzig and breger. Good job on the speedwork for maine and holly. This morning it was in the low 50s with some wind and a light sprinkle during the last mile. I got in 8 miles in a little under 1:19 for a 9:50 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS

Top 'O the World!

Not running related at all - just cute! Puppycam: http://cdn1.ustream.tv/swf/4/viewer.45.swf?cid=317016 NBC Nightly News: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#27724762
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Seeing as I am a deer hunting widow for tonight, I took my mom (92) and my daughter (22) out for dinner along with a dear friend of mine (needed someone MY age too!) Smile We had a very enjoyable evening and it is always nice to hear my mom's stories of yesteryear - especially when she talks about the first time she met my dad ... he was a bootlegger at the time .... Late this afternoon I received a call from my youngest DD away at college and she had just been in a car accident - rear ended a she sat at a stop light. She is okay - thank goodness although now she is starting to feel some neck and back pain. At first she thought her vehicle was driveable - but once on the road found out that was not the case. So, Sunday MrHopeful and I will be taking her our extra back up vehicle down to her and haul her's back for repairs. I told her to get to a med center if her pain gets worse. That kid - if she didn't have bad luck, she'd have no luck at all! Good luck to Tramps and Tammy and anyone else racing this weekend!! Good to see you posting Hallar!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tramps... you will be sloshing to your BQ...you can do this buddy!! IRC= Ideal Rain Conditions 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory today. A Tramps empathy run in the rain planned for tomorrow am Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

lamerunner

Enke The sciatic stuff started pretty abruptly in mid/late September, two weeks before Portland Marathon. The day before I had done tempo work on the Tm, about 10 miles at some speed, but no pain then. In retrospect there had been what I thought was hamstring tightness but nothing major. I got into PT promptly and he ( the Pt) thought it was sciatic nerve. Ran the marathon, the sciatic hurt but was tolerable. It hurt my time... Tried to take it easy for a couple of weeks and continued with PT, then I increased the running and this past week was really stopped in my tracks. after a couple of weeks of increased mileage, I could not run at all. Now my lower back also hurts and sitting/driving is very painful. So I am concerned. The exercises to strengthen glutes etc do not seem to be enough. I hope there is not a herniated disc issue but I am worried.... Very lamerunner

Marathon Maniac #3309

I had to laugh tonight because I wonder how many people like me have typed into their search engine - how to run through (insert your own injury) I just got some creative ways, lol. Tamster - Tramps, you are on my mind....go get um. (on my mind, your in trouble) Tramps, 3:40 in the bag (with your weather) ...Tammy, 1:53:59 done!!!....just don't pull a "Tim" TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

TimBo - I think my PR is 1:54:45 (it's probably listed in my log), but I don't think I have it in me this time. I was running more last fall then I have been this fall. But one never knows. The weather should be perfect tomorrow a.m. - mid 40's, dry, no wind. And my running skirt makes me faster too . . . at least I think it does . . . it's probably all in my mind though. Thanks for thinking of me Wink TamBo eta: the PR listed in my running log here is wrong. It recorded my best time in 2008 at the Eugene Marathon, because I wasn't keeping an RA log last year. I'm pretty sure it's 1:54:45 or maybe :48?

Tammy

Well, today I am virtually pain-free, just in time for my doctor's appointment. Big grin I think I can start cross-training tomorrow!
                  This is great news. Please be patient before getting back to the excercise.
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dear taper pretender timmy - do not read this private messsage; it's for Tammy Dearest hot tub goddess, Thinking always of the joy of really running in next weekend's tammy-day birthday return to running after this current 29 day taper, I'll be virtual nonrunning every step of the way with you in your home town inaugural half mary tomorrow with econo and wishing I was johnny waiting at the finish with big hugs for both of you. Give 'em one (or several) for me too buddy. However, don't try to keep up to her on the early chip part of the trail either. You'll have to be watching your footing too much. Please tell her to be careful too as we want her to be helping welcome the Canadian goddesses to the Seattle Pink Door, . . . I mean Seattle Half Mary to say nothing of helping us kidnap you too if any way possible even just in our dreams.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Go tamster go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enkie, do what hallar said. 16 miles this gorgeous afternoon. Cloudy day, just perfect. I felt like I was floating in the air. I did another of my favorite LR: the wave...2 miles w/u then miles 3-5-7-9 at MP and miles 11-13-15 at HMP with one mile c/d. I felt so good the whole way thru. My DH saw me running as he drove by and he said I looked so strong and so happy (that was at mile 15). Go get them tramps....I am thinking of you buddie!!!!!!!!!! You will do great.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Good luck TamBo! Tramps, I told my DD about your umbrella hat and being the rain, and she said we should call you "rain man!" Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

30 minute pool running session tonight after work. Oh boy that seemed to take forever. Didn't push it, just wanted to get something done but take it easy... full workout tomorrow while kids are at soccer.

Renee the dog

Tammy, Hey, you never know! (to steal the NY lottery line). I'm pulling for ya!!!!!!! Can't wait for the race report. Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

An Australian man was caught by surprise when a large whale whacked him lightly on the head with its tail as he unknowingly scooted over it while kite surfing. David Sheridan was riding his board at Valla Beach on the northern coast of New South Wales state when he noticed a large shadow in the water in front of him. Sheridan said "scared the life out of me...man, at first I thought it was Rosie O'Donell."
                              Yikes! I'm reading this in the public library and getting dirtly looks even from the kids playing video games for laughing out loud so long and loud! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com