Masters Running

Wednesday's Runs, Rests, and Realities (Read 601 times)

I'm up working, but not working out (rest day, in a sense). The transcription never ends. Hope ya'll have a great Hump Day!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Good morning, Where is everyone. Still smarting after my terrible run yesterday. Where was my energy? Hopefully get in an hour ez today. Off to work Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

#artbydmcbride

Happy Seis de Mayo! I had a sproinky track workout last night 4.5 miles worth. I was quite surprised after my HM last Sunday. Smile

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #3309

4.3 recovery miles last night....9:15 pace. Sorry about that Tall, but with how hard you push I guess that's bound to happen at some point. I am actively part of a online dating site (E.priorhookers.com) and I have been corresponding with this gal that lives 3 miles from me. I kept my profile simple and did not mention running at all...just a small part about me being a fit guy. We had a meeting planned this Friday night when I said..."Nancy, I have a 20 mile run Sat morning, so I will have to keep our meeting and drinking short".....she then said "un-believable" I have no luck with guys". She then accused me of being a fanatical health freak and said she could NEVER be involved with someone who would run that distance. I tried to explain to her that I love running and take good care of myself and I asked "what's wrong or bad about that" Heck I said " Nancy I could be a drunk who abuses women and you are upset because I am the opposite" She basically said bye and she would never contact me again. This is the last thing she told me in my inbox last night... Tim, lol You are too funny! You turned me off by your running talk, and the last guy I dated was always into working out and reading all the labels on you food to see fat content etc. It is good to watch what you put in mouth,but you need to live a little too! Life is too short and I am not going to get involved with someone like you again, Good Bye Nancy. Here's a picture of the gal... yorktown_singles_44121314 Shessh, I feel like a criminal for being a runner. The only - only time I really brought up running was making our date short Friday night because of my 20 miler Sat morning...what the hell is wrong with that. I mentioned meeting maybe Sat or Sun so we could spend more time together...but it was too late Confused TimBo - think I will become a Monk

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

good morning! Ilene, Smile 4.31 miles, neighborhood hills. I hope I get better at those soon. 10:26 average pace, which is ok because the plan called for a recovery pace besides the hill repeats. Sadie went with me for the first mile & a half, & was a happy doggy. One good thing about this was how much time I would save not going to the gym... I got home, visions of toast & coffee, & was locked out of the house. Shocked. I found a tool in the garage & got the screen off a likely looking window. The new replacement windows have narrow openings! Tried getting in from the ladder, sat straddling the opening for a while, visualized 2 months of S/I joint PT work going down the drain. So I got 2 ladders, & tried to put one in through the window so I'd have something to step on to. Nope. It hit furniture on the other side & I could not find a way to get it in. At least not so it would touch the floor. grrr. I finally went out & stood looking pathetic & cold (second attempt) on the sidewalk hoping someone would drive by. Finally! A young girl pulled over, & let me use her cell phone. "honey, I don't have my keys" "OMG". Smile. Well, anyway. I have now had my toast & coffee but am late! happy days.
              Tim, As you well know, the trick is finding the right person who fits into your life. You cannot force it to happen. The lady has the same right of course. Obviously, your two lives are much too different to mesh. Better to find that out now than months or years down the road. She is out there Tim. Don't ever apologize or question yourself for being who you are. 1600 meters swimming. I'm getting better at this. I hope I have the drive and motivation after my Race to continue the swimming. It really is good for me. I need the upper body work and I really believe it's making me a better runner. Aerobically, swimming is fabulous. And, this may sound strange, but my ankles are much looser now and I can feel a stronger and more confident pushoff when I run. Bill ETA: It looks like my DS will be interning for the summer in Redondo Beach. That's a long ways away and I'm not crazy about that but it is a good opportunity for him again this summer. (He interned in Wash. DC last summer.) He turns 21 in less than a month. How did that happen so fast ??? ETA2: I just found out he got 3 A's and a B+ this semester (Aerospace Engineering Junior year) ---- Proud Papa!

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Shessh, I feel like a criminal for being a runner. The only - only time I really brought running was making our date short Friday night because of my 20 miler Sat morning...what the hell is wrong with that. I mentioned meeting maybe Sat or Sun so we could spend more time together...but it was too late Confused \
                Tim, Your kidding about the name of the dating site right???? Big grin Big grin As you know, I have been single for almost two years and I felt as you did for a while. Having been called compulsive, competitiive, disciplined etc...and sometimes feeling surprised by it. JUST BE YOURSELF. Tell them you are a runner, be who you are? Attract the right woman, vs the wrong ones. Go to a site like www.fitnessingles.com where most people are into fitness and are turned on by it vs being turned off by it. Be yourself and don't hide it. Dating is like sales, the more you hear NO the closer you are coming to YES. So be yourself. PS - I have cut myself some slack and tend not obsess about every little running thing. ie: sleeping in, going out later for drinks and still running LR's the next day. Having the chocolate cheesecake, or burgers and beers. We are not Olympic athletes and a few changes to our schedule wil mean little to our end results. JUST BE YOURSELF TIM.... PS - If you ever feel like corresponding email me at fguay@rogers.com, I would be happy to share my thoughts around dating and running.

Recent Best times: None recently

Tramps

I am actively part of a online dating site (E.priorhookers.com)
                  Shocked I did 5 miles with 3 tempo miles in the middle. Just felt like stretching out a little. Thanks for all the race suggestions yesterday. It was fun poking around on MarathonGuide and checking these out. My apologies for the over-posting last night; I was having too much fun. Tongue Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Good morning gang! Hit the open road on my bike last night. And it was the pool today. I was greeted by our new lifegaurd........wearing a hunter green single piece swim suit with an open back. On the front across the chest area was the USA Swimming logo. She had on a pair of cotton sweats that were cut off just above the calf and had the top neatly rolled down to the top of her hips.......exposing the cut on the front of her swim suit. Her hair, blond with darker streaks, had that tussled, just out of the shower look. Standing about 5' 10", slender and athletic, she stood over the pool watching us. Even as I made my turns, on my back, arms extendend, pushing off the wall I could see her rippled figure through the water. Even distorted she looks good! I'm running late and planning on a half day.........hoping the rain holds off so I can get my run in tonight.
                      Good morning, all! Thanks for the kickoff, Leslie!! Tramps - you can rule out the Marine Corps - registration is already closed. You can't go wrong with Hartford - probably the best supported marathon I've done, and the post-race food is excellent. I did both Hartford and Philly last year - it's quite doable. Holly - bad Daisy!! I have a whole forrest full of ferns - wish I could send you a few. Erika - you have some great fall marathons lined up - I'm so jealous!!! I really want to run Honolulu or one of the other marathons on the islands some day. dg - congratulations on the new HRM and the start of marathon training. You should be excited. I'm out of the loop - who was the new baby you held?? No run for me today. Slept in after a late night of agility training. Jesse took her first tumble off the dogwalk, but it didn't phase her. Weights and core on the lunch schedule. ((((((Tim)))))) - thankfully you found out that Nancy is NOT the woman for you before you put any time and effort into the relationship. Our "lawn" has been declared an official failure. The grass and weeds are running 50/50 with about an equal amount of bare dirt. We're getting conflicting messages from the guy who did the seeding and the lawn service folks, but ultimately it looks like a "do over". The lawn service just applied a "pre-emergent" (not sure why as the crab grass appears to growing already), so now we can't even do a spring re-seeding. We prepaid the lawn service for fertilizer and weed/grub control, and DH asked if there was any point in continuing. The service guy told him that "no self-respecting grub would live in that yard".

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Tramps

Sue--thanks. Glad to hear doing both was doable. Right now I'm leaning in that direction. Just took this out my window: Which one of these family members do you think is adopted? Tongue

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Tim You should have told her you spend no more time fussing over what you eat than she does fussing about her hair. Roll eyes
                            SLO - I'm surprised you were able to swim at all! Wink Tim - The hair on that gal looks like it could do somebody harm. You're a great guy. Time will bring along the right person. Tramps - I think the one at the front right doesn't belong. Big grin What a great pic! dg - {laughing hysterically} Sue - "We prepaid the lawn service for fertilizer and weed/grub control, and DH asked if there was any point in continuing. The service guy told him that "no self-respecting grub would live in that yard". Ah, cripes! Too funny!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Seis de Mayo! I had a sproinky track workout last night 4.5 miles worth. I was quite surprised after my HM last Sunday. Smile
                              even though more than two years in the waiting, and a week after a marathon warm-up, no surprise to your fans after all the other previous multiple ones. <>5K/5m/10K/10m/mary/etc.)>>>
                              You turned me off by your running talk
                              don't worry tim, we appreciate it. your friends, enkephalin - 24.6 stumpy77 - 20.8 perchcreek - 18 tetsujin209/twocat - 0 ps - getting to celebrate Roger Banniser Day with another flight to break last month's taper under the rising sun.\ sayonara again for now

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

SLO - I'm surprised you were able to swim at all! Wink
                                All that extra drag will really slow you down Evil grin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.