Masters Running

Rehab Thread - Starting it up again (Read 856 times)

U.M.W.B

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the good wishes!

Tom: I've often asked myself, "Why didnt I just call in sick that day?" Wink  A few days after it happened I was going through the why me? stages, I voiced this to my wife who said, If the guy didnt hit you he wouldve hit someone else, maybe a car with children, you'll get past what happened to you someone else might not have been so lucky!  WOW! so much for feeling sorry for myself!

Went to the gym yesterday and did 30 minutes on the stationary bike,
    I walked on my own for the first time since April in the pool, and swam a few laps.

Range of motion exercises

U.M.W.B

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome back, Jim.

Don't you hate it when the DW is so logical.  Wink  Pictures do show that the appendage may not be quite as pretty as it was, but looks pretty complete.  Seems like your mission of proving the docs were wrong misinformed is still very much in place. 

good luck on the continuing rehab.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Wow!Between Tom and Jim I feel like a Wuss for complaining about a little Patellar Tendonitis!Living on a lake in central Michigan I dont get a lot of computer time(better things to do I guess or so my wife says!) to keep up with everyone but glad to read progress is being made by all here.Still dealing with a little pain but just got refitted for new shoes that seem to be doing the trick,who would have thunk a little more support would help!Healing vibes going out to all!

A few days after it happened I was going through the why me? stages, I voiced this to my wife who said, If the guy didnt hit you he wouldve hit someone else, maybe a car with children, you'll get past what happened to you someone else might not have been so lucky!  WOW! so much for feeling sorry for myself!

Great wife!

Must've felt kind of strange walking for the first time in four months.  I remember after three months of no walking on the my foot when I tore a ligament, I couldn't believe how much the bottom of my foot would ache!  Took a couple of weeks to get over just that.

Enjoy the pool exercises.  Are they going to have you do any pool running?  Fun stuff.  Black eye

Tom - No floatation device? Nice!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

Leslie, I love your avatar!  Smile

Runners run

Linda, often its easier to run with no baggage. But often its the running that lightens up the baggage. Thats my profound moment for the week. lol. Glad youre neck is doing well. I still dont time my runs and appreciate that you suggested that.

Jim, ugh. Glad you can start your run rehab program now. Did they give you a good return to run program? Tom has great advice. Any pain means back off. Walking is just as good. I learned the hard way not to run through pain. It took about 4 years for me to learn that lesson. Heck I am slow. I too get in the 'woe is me' and 'why me?' phase. I asked this question to a good friend of mine. Why me? And her answer was 'why not you?' She was right. How was I so different than everyone else? I wasnt.

I think I might be graduating from the rehab thread soon. I have not experienced leg pain in the last 10 runs or so. Knock on wood. Every now and then sitting will make the leg act up. But thats about it.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

wildchild

Carolyn

This is a video called "I am a marathon runner. I am injured."   It's hilarious. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2TRUUu2uHo&feature=related

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

....''I must Run''.........love it WildChild

and

how many times have we heard THAT Line before??

=======

besides myself,

with the cut-down crutches,

it's AMAZING what we'll do for the work-out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDgYHrQC2M8

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I should know better when it comes to clicking on Tom's youtube links. I have been burned before. I dont know if I would go as far as that running bike contraption to run. But who knows. I have done sillier things.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

U.M.W.B

Hello everybody!

I have a question, is there a trick to pool running? I tried it today while at the Gym,  I wasnt sure if I was doing it right, basically I tried to imitate my running style and get my foot used to moving like that again.My bare feet slipped alot which made it even harder. What do you think? Does it sound like I'm doing it right?
                      Thanks!
                      Jim

U.M.W.B

Henrun

Back in rehab-L knee pain. Have been able to do short runs- 4 at most. Last night interrupted my sleep-took aspirin. Doing the usual treatments-ice, whirlpool,etc. Shouldvtakebsome time off-but just like Carolyn's You Tube said, "I'm a runner" and ,sometimes, an idiot!

Hello everybody!

I have a question, is there a trick to pool running?

...Funny you should ask-

http://coolrunningboomers.pbworks.com/w/page/28134117/tomwhite%27s%20intro%20to%20poolrunning

I'm in

my 3rd year of poolrunning,

and here are some tips.

==========

.........HENRY//........us Inspirations need to do SmartThings for the Youngsters to imitate......

(since

I tore up my back last week

doing some NewStretches,

just

take that as more of a Suggestion)

U.M.W.B

Thanks Tom!
                            So are my feet actually touching the bottom of the pool?

U.M.W.B

#artbydmcbride

{{henrun's knee}}

Runners run

Thanks Tom!
                                So are my feet actually touching the bottom of the pool?

...well, they can,

myself

can't stand the impact so I stay in the DeeperEnd of the pool

and  I turn when my feet touch bottom

also,

think

of the lane as a Folded Quarter Mile Track

start

on the left side of the lane,

when you get to  the DeepPart

turn and go down the left side

of that side of the lane

then

you turn and come back to the OriginalStarting Point = 1 Lap

you're basically making a Double  ''U'' in the lane,

and

it's also easier to keep track of the laps